Author Topic: Team DeSantis Make It Official – They Will Shift Personnel, Drop Communications Director and Relaunc  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The Chi-coms will never be trustworthy free trade partners because:

1.) They are a totalitarian Communist dictatorship, comrades.
2.) They do not respect legal protections for intellectual property.
3.) To operate within China, foreign companies must "partner" with a Chinese "company" and "voluntarily" allow that "partner" to access proprietary intellectual property.
4.) They engage in hostile cyber criminal activity against American Government and corporate IT systems.

The smart thing to do, is to build a more diverse multi-source supply chain.  This will give us more leverage when negotiating trade issues with the Chi-coms, and the ability to de-link from China.

I agree but I don't think a blanket tariff on all Chinese imports is the answer.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I agree but I don't think a blanket tariff on all Chinese imports is the answer.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I'm with DefiantMassRino on this one.

When you make  trade deals with a Communist nation,you  are supporting slave labor for profits.

Which makes you as guilty of profiting from slave labor as the Chinese.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DefiantMassRINO

There is no such thing as permanent.  Revoke the Most Favored Nation status.  Our Government.  Our Laws.

Our first mistake was granting them permanent Most Favored nation trading status.  Before that happened in the 90's it was on an IIRC every two year renewal basis and China for the most part behaved.

Now that they don't have to worry about any renewal of their status they've run wild.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Were Trump’s protectionist and tariff policies a benefit to the American farmer? Did the American taxpayer benefit? The answer to both is no

https://www.cfr.org/blog/92-percent-trumps-china-tariff-proceeds-has-gone-bail-out-angry-farmers?amp

China” is “paying billions and billions of dollars” on U.S. tariffs, President Trump said in his debate with Joe Biden on October 22. “And you know who got the money? Our farmers. Our great farmers.”

He is half right.

Since 2018, the president has repeatedly insisted that China pays the tariffs he has imposed on Chinese imports. This claim is false—the tariffs are paid entirely by U.S. importers. His advisers, such as Peter Navarro, knowing the claim is false, have tried to defend him, and the tariffs, by arguing that China pays the tariffs indirectly, through currency depreciation and lowering export prices. These arguments are also false, as well as illogical—since the advisers also claim that such Chinese behavior benefits China and hurts the United States.

The president’s statements do, however, check out on his other point. American farmers have indeed laid claim to nearly all his China tariff revenue, which now totals $66 billion.

In 2018 and ’19, Trump authorized payments to U.S. farmers of $28 billion to offset their losses from Chinese trade retaliation. This year, with farmers struggling under the twin crises of the trade war and the pandemic, bailouts have soared way higher. Trump promised angry farmers another $19 billion in April and $14 billion in September—bringing his bailouts to a grand total of $61 billion. He has pledged to continue these bailouts until the trade war ends.

That trade war has cost U.S. companies many billions in new import taxes (while undermining their competitiveness and increasing consumer prices), yet it has earned the government far less. As the chart above shows, payouts to farmers battered by Chinese retaliation have eaten up over 92 percent of the trade-war tax proceeds.

So Trump had to bail out farmers that were devastated by his policy. That as typical Washington DC as you get.

This kind of record may partially explain Donald Trump’s reluctance to engage in the debates
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 06:28:30 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There is no such thing as permanent.  Revoke the Most Favored Nation status.  Our Government.  Our Laws.

I think the World Trade Organization is involved with it too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

So now that it has been confirmed that Trump’s tariffs and protectionist policies did not work, will he still attempt them again if he should get a second term? Or will he double down on the same failure?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

So now that it has been confirmed that Trump’s tariffs and protectionist policies did not work, will he still attempt them again if he should get a second term? Or will he double down on the same failure?

What do you think?

Offline LMAO

What do you think?

. Both questions were rhetorical.

He was actually boasting that he had to bail out farmers

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

With four bankruptcies under his belt, what do you think?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

. Both questions were rhetorical.

He was actually boasting that he had to bail out farmers

I kinda figured!  :beer: