Author Topic: Detransitioned boy who was castrated warns about the dangers of ‘gender-affirming care’  (Read 313 times)

Offline Kamaji

Detransitioned boy who was castrated warns about the dangers of ‘gender-affirming care’

By Hannah Grossman & Ashley Carnahan, Fox News
July 21, 2023

A young male, who formerly identified as a transwoman, who was castrated and became a “patient for life” as part of “gender-affirming care,” wants to warn others not to follow in his footsteps. He discussed his story of resilience and learning to accept himself for who he is for the first time with Fox News Digital.

Kobe, whose name is being withheld for privacy reasons, had “checked every box for what they call a trans adolescent.” He was always “effeminate” and loved pink and playing with Barbies. If he was never exposed to gender ideology, he says he’d probably “would have just stayed a feminine boy. And there’s nothing wrong with that.”

“I felt unlovable as an effeminate man in society and everything. A feminine boy, actually. I was never a man, I’m trying to reclaim my manhood now and everything. It’s hard. I have breasts, I have the hip development of a woman because I started the estrogen young. I have no gonads. You know, it’s hard. My skull never really masculinized.”

Kobe, in retrospect, looks back at the medical interventions as a subconscious use of “self-harm.” During his early teenage years, he was struggling with internalized homophobia. “I mean, I saw it as a way out of my homosexuality if that makes any sense.”

However, he didn’t realize these truths until he got his surgery.

Kobe first encountered the idea of switching genders on YouTube.

“And I said, ‘Oh, you can do this.’ You know, I don’t have to be a gay guy. I don’t have to be an embarrassment. And all this horrible stuff that I thought about my homosexuality, and it was like a light bulb. It was like, this is a way out,” he said. “I thought it was.”

Kobe told his parents that he was transgender at age 11. At 13, Kobe said that older trans people online instructed him, as well as other kids, to “play the suicide card” in order to get chemical interventions.

“I started using, like, ‘the suicide tactics,’ because that’s what they are. That’s what they tell us all to do… I don’t want to use the word groom, but we are like taught. I guess the older transpeople teach us to say that stuff to get the health care and everything. And I mean, there were times when I thought I was genuinely suicidal over gender dysphoria, but it was I think it was all just stuff that was in my head. I don’t think I would have ever been suicidal about being biologically male if I had never been exposed to that stuff.”

Kobe was started on puberty blockers around 13, estrogen at 16 and later had castration surgery at 19.

“I was expecting it to help me help my mental health, and it didn’t do anything. I just wasted so much time and all I did really was become a medical patient for life,” he said.

Kobe said his growth is “permanently stunted” because of puberty blockers, and has chronic pain in his spine as well.

“I need to get checked for osteoporosis because I do have a pretty severe back pain just going up the spinal cord,” he shared.

The letter approving the surgery said hormone replacement therapy was successful for him, and that Kobe was happier and mentally stable.

“None of it was true. I wasn’t mentally stable. I hated myself. I wanted to die, and I just was constantly trying to become something that wasn’t. And it was awful. It was dissociating, it was terrible. But… and I’m sorry that – the estrogen – I lost my train of thought…”

The surgery was scheduled but had to be canceled because of an insurance issue. So Kobe opted for an orchiectomy procedure – the removal of the testes – as a “middle ground.” At the time, he viewed testosterone as a “poison” for his body.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/21/detransitioned-boy-who-was-castrated-warns-about-the-dangers-of-gender-affirming-care/

Offline Kamaji

Good Lord!

What those so-called "doctors" and the trans-groomers did to this poor child is simply evil.  Period.  End of discussion.  This is Nazi Germany/Dr. Mengele levels of evil.

Online mountaineer

He's one of many to be abused in this manner. I pray for justice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org