Author Topic: The Next Step In The Hunter Biden Investigation Is A Biggie. Will House Oversight Take It?  (Read 159 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Next Step In The Hunter Biden Investigation Is A Biggie. Will House Oversight Take It?

James Lynch and Henry Rodgers
Contributor
July 20, 2023 9:10 PM ET

Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whistleblower Gary Shapley on Wednesday encouraged the House Oversight Committee to gather the evidence necessary to determine whether Attorney General Merrick Garland deliberately lied under oath, which could require a subpoena from House Oversight.

Shapley suggested in his opening statement that House Oversight should gather more evidence about Garland potentially lying to Congress about political interference in the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) Hunter Biden investigation.

https://twitter.com/jameslynch32/status/1681774790430924802

“He led Congress to believe the case was insulated from improper political influence because all decisions were being made exclusively by Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss. But that was not true,” Shapley said in his opening statement.

“The Justice Department allowed the president’s political appointees to weigh in on whether to charge the president’s son. After U.S. Attorney for D.C. Matthew Graves, appointed by President Biden, refused to bring charges in March 2022, I watched U.S. Attorney Weiss tell a room full of senior FBI and IRS senior leaders on October 7, 2022, that he was ‘not the deciding person on whether charges were filed.’ That was my red line,” Shapley continued.

“I had already seen a pattern of preferential treatment and obstruction. Now, U.S. [Attorney] Weiss was admitting that what the American people believed, based on the attorney general’s sworn statement, was false. I can no longer stay silent,” he added.

“Let me be clear. Although these facts contradict Attorney General Garland’s testimony and raise serious questions for you to investigate, I have never claimed to have evidence that Attorney General Garland knowingly lied to Congress. Whether AG Garland knew his testimony was false is for you and the inspector generals to determine, not me.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/20/next-step-hunter-biden-investigation-house-oversight-subpoena-gary-shapley-merrick-garland/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34