Author Topic: Unearthed Watchdog Report Reveals US Weapons Meant For Ukraine Fell Into The Hands Of Criminals, Rus  (Read 363 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unearthed Watchdog Report Reveals US Weapons Meant For Ukraine Fell Into The Hands Of Criminals, Russians

Micaela Burrow
Investigative Reporter, Defense
July 21, 2023 10:07 AM ET

Russian organized crime groups, Ukrainian crooks and unauthorized volunteer battalions obtained or stole weapons from Department of Defense (DOD) security aid meant to arm the Ukrainian military for its defense against Russia, according to an inspector general report obtained by Military.com.

The report, revealed only after the outlet submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, shows how U.S. efforts to meet end-use goals for billions in security assistance donated throughout 2022 often failed, according to Military.com. While Ukraine’s security service intervened in most cases, little or no accountability existed on the U.S. side, allowing weapons to be diverted to criminals and opposition forces in violation of U.S. law.

“The inability of [Defense Department] personnel to visit areas where equipment provided to Ukraine was being used or stored significantly hampered [Kyiv’s Office of Defense Cooperation]’s ability to execute [end-use monitoring],” according to the DOD Inspector General report.

The report covers weapons sent between February 2022, when the war started, and September, marking the end of the fiscal year.

In one instance, a Russian-backed criminal gang in Ukraine obtained a grenade launcher and machine gun, among other systems, Military.com reported, citing the watchdog’s audit. An “unspecified Russian official” directed members to join a volunteer fighting group using forged identity documents.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/21/watchdog-tracking-weapons-assistance-ukraine-russians-criminals/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It wouldn't surprise me if there's black market midsummer fire sale underway.

Offline mountaineer

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

a Russian-backed criminal gang in Ukraine obtained a grenade launcher and machine gun

Oh, dear me, a grenade launcher and a machine gun.  Well, that pretty much scotches it; the whole thing was a scam and a fraud.

:facepalm2:

Offline libertybele

Oh, dear me, a grenade launcher and a machine gun.  Well, that pretty much scotches it; the whole thing was a scam and a fraud.

:facepalm2:

That's just one incident. Don't tell me that you honestly believe that weapons meant for Ukraine haven't fallen into the wrong hands.

****slapping
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

That's just one incident. Don't tell me that you honestly believe that weapons meant for Ukraine haven't fallen into the wrong hands.

****slapping

I have no doubt that some have. That is the nature of a war-zone; however, and as such is no - NO - basis for claiming that the U.S. should stop supporting Ukraine.  I'd be more concerned if the weapons were under the control of U.S. troops because, with this administration, a lot more of them would end up in the hands of gangs and russians - like in Afghanistan.

This amounts to saying "well, there's a scratch on the bumper, so we might as well throw the car out."

So,  ****slapping right back.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 04:09:55 pm by Kamaji »