Author Topic: Electronic Warfare: Is The U.S. Military Falling Behind?  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electronic Warfare: Is The U.S. Military Falling Behind?
« on: July 21, 2023, 04:30:22 pm »
Electronic Warfare: Is The U.S. Military Falling Behind?
Some of the newest EW systems use what is referred to as narrowly configured “pencil beams” designed to emit a more precise, yet smaller and less detectable signature.

ByKris OsbornPublished38 seconds ago

Years ago, former Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert famously made the statement, “Whoever dominates the electromagnetic spectrum” will prevail in future conflict. Certainly, the ability to control, monitor, or jam enemy communications, radar, weapons guidance systems and drone datalinks, and RF signals could prove decisive in any modern warfare engagement.

The ability to “blind” an enemy, overwhelm or disable air defenses and radar, and deny an adversary the ability to communicate or target could determine victory in war. With this in mind, the U.S. military services have for years now been fast-tracking multiple electromagnetic warfare (EW) technologies.

EW programs are varied and far-reaching, spanning from frequency-jamming counter IED EW, developed years ago in Iraq, to more recent ship-integrated EW called SEWIP, for Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program. SEWIP is designed to jam guidance systems of incoming enemy anti-ship missiles and blind enemy RF communications and datalinks connecting drones to helicopters and ships. The latest increment, called Block 3 SEWIP, is increasingly able to deconflict the spectrum, jam systems at longer ranges, and operate on a greater number of frequencies.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/07/electronic-warfare-is-the-u-s-military-falling-behind/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 04:32:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Electronic Warfare: Is The U.S. Military Falling Behind?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 06:09:14 pm »
Ever since we adopted the nonsense of supporting trans and gays in the military, our military has woefully declined.  The Biden Idiocracy has made everything much worse.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: