Author Topic: Health Experts Order Doctors Not to Record Trans Patients' Actual Sex -- It's 'Irrelevant'  (Read 339 times)

Offline Kamaji

Health Experts Order Doctors Not to Record Trans Patients' Actual Sex -- It's 'Irrelevant'

By Alex Parker
July 21, 2023

In times past, medicine concerned — nearly entirely — medicine. The same could be said of science. But society has moved into a more sensitive space, so unprecedented considerations must be made.

Case in point: A new report tells doctors their expert notation must conform to what patients want written about them. Otherwise, there may be “harms.”

The Journal of General Internal Medicine online features a document called “Experiences of Transgender People Reviewing Their Electronic Health Records, a Qualitative Study.” The probe involves “thirty transgender adults aged 20 to 67 years, including ten clinicians.” And it asks a curious question: How will patients who say they’re something other than their sex feel if they read their doctors’ notes?

As it turns out, they might feel foul — unless caregivers conform to their inclinations.

Such is a serious subject, since the group at issue is oppressed. The wrong penned points will result in “trauma”:

Four themes were noted. (1) Using the wrong name, pronoun, or gender marker for patients is common in the EHR (electronic health record), erodes trust, and causes trauma. (2) Various aspects of clinicians’ notes contradict, blame, or stigmatize patients, across multiple axes of oppression. (3) Limitations of EHR capabilities create barriers to quality care. (4) Certain medical customs set the stage for marginalizing, objectifying, and pathologizing transgender people.

Transgender people may be particularly vulnerable to the harms of medical documentation given the pervasiveness of stigma, blaming, discrimination, and microaggressions in their clinical encounters.

Amid the treatment of a human body, doctors should exclude irrelevant information such as that body’s sex:

Avoid medically irrelevant mention of sex-assigned-at-birth.

Source:  https://redstate.com/alexparker/2023/07/21/health-experts-order-doctors-not-to-record-trans-patients-actual-sex-its-irrelevant-n779635

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Um, what about like hormones and other anatomical differences?

From what my wife tells me, lady parts require much more maintenance than man parts.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Um, what about like hormones and other anatomical differences?

From what my wife tells me, lady parts require much more maintenance than man parts.

Not only that, but certain drugs are sex-specific, and giving them to someone who is not of that sex simply because that person is pretending to be that sex is a good way to kill that person.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We are becoming a woke Taliban religious state. Just have some holy robe make a fatwa and poof the science is dismissed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

We are becoming a woke Taliban religious state. Just have some holy robe make a fatwa and poof the science is dismissed.

That's a good comparison for the "woke" left.