Author Topic: Purdue professor accused of being AI bot for lacking ‘warmth’ in viral email  (Read 485 times)

Online Kamaji

Purdue professor accused of being AI bot for lacking ‘warmth’ in viral email: ‘I’m just Autistic’

By Richard Pollina
July 21, 2023

An assistant professor at Purdue University, who has been diagnosed with autism, said that they were accused by a fellow researcher of being an AI bot after sending an email that allegedly lacked “warmth.”

Rua Mea Williams, 37, warned that people with disabilities might be confused with artificial intelligence because fellow professors are not accounting for those who have neurological issues or are not native English speakers.

“Kids used to make fun of me for speaking robotically. That’s a really common complaint with Autistic children,” Williams told The Post on Thursday about the misconception.

“Chat GPT detectors are flagging non-native English speakers as using Chat GPT when really it’s just that they have an idiosyncratic way of pulling together words that’s based on translating their native language into English.”

Williams ... holds a Ph.D. in human-centered computing.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/21/autistic-purdue-professor-accused-of-being-ai-for-lacking-warmth-in-email/

Online Kamaji

Which implies that ChatGPT may actually be able to pass a basic Turing Test.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

This is bigotry against robotic people
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, who wins in this woke Mexican bigotry standoff?

The accused autistic racial bigot or the proven anti-austistic bigot?

These woke professors really need to attend some mandatory Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Sensitivity training.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 04:36:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.