Author Topic: A New Appliance Is In The Crosshairs Of The Biden Admin’s Regulatory Onslaught  (Read 200 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

A New Appliance Is In The Crosshairs Of The Biden Admin’s Regulatory Onslaught
Story by Nick Pope • Wednesday

The Biden administration has proposed a rule that would restrict new portable gas generators in the U.S., an escalation in the administration’s regulatory assault on appliances.

The proposed Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) rule would impose tight carbon monoxide emissions standards on new portable gas generators of all sizes and a requirement that generators turn off when certain amounts of emissions are reached. The proposed rule follows the Biden administration’s attempt to heavily regulate gas stoves and a 2021 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rule targeting refrigerants used in air conditioners and fridges.

The rule would require smaller gas generators to cut their carbon monoxide emissions by 50%, and it would force larger models to slice their emissions by up to 95%, according to the rule proposal. Manufacturers will have six months to design and produce new models that abide by the new rule if it is finalized, a process which typically takes years, said Portable Generator Manufacturers’ Association Executive Director Susan Orenga, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-new-appliance-is-in-the-crosshairs-of-the-biden-admin-s-regulatory-onslaught/ar-AA1e5Ueq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=01f025b858364e1bbc8addc6c72adf51&ei=42
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson