Author Topic: $2B Disneyland-sized theme park planned for Oklahoma along Route 66  (Read 914 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 20, 2023 5:49pm EDT
$2B Disneyland-sized theme park planned for Oklahoma along Route 66
Developers say the 125-acre world-class theme park is comparable in size to Disney's Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park

By Greg Wehner FOXBusiness

A new, $2 billion theme park and resort is being planned for northeast Oklahoma, which is expected to be comparable in size with Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom Theme Park.

Dubbed the American Heartland Theme Park and Resort, the 1,000-acre development just west of Grand Lake on Route 66 will include a 125-acre theme park that the company says will offer a unique experience that rivals the world’s top resort destinations.

"We are thrilled to make Oklahoma the home of American Heartland Theme Park and Resort," American Heartland CEO Larry Wilhite said in a press release on Wednesday. "At the crossroads of the heartland, Oklahoma is an attractive location for a family entertainment destination. The state’s business-friendly approach and innovative partnership efforts have helped make this possible. We look forward to bringing unforgettable generational experiences to Oklahoma."

The theme park will be family-friendly and include six American lands that provide guests with a walk through American history.

The sections of the park will be called Great Plains, Bayou Bay, Big Timber Falls, Stony Point Harbor, Liberty Village and Electropolis.

While walking through American history, guests will experience entertaining rides, live shows, family attractions, waterways and restaurant-quality food and beverages.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/disneyland-sized-theme-park-planned-oklahoma-route-66
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: $2B Disneyland-sized theme park planned for Oklahoma along Route 66
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 01:56:10 am »
I was offered a job not far from there at the beginning of the year.  I am now very glad I did not take it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 03:10:22 am »
Kinda funny that PedoCorp puts up a park in one of the reddest states in the union.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 06:13:31 am »
Kinda funny that PedoCorp puts up a park in one of the reddest states in the union.

it ain't Disney putting it up.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 10:35:03 am »
Saw "Electrolysis" and had to goback and read it again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 12:04:10 pm »
Which company is behind the project?  And whose financial investments?  It'll take a lot of money to pull this off.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 12:49:12 pm »
it ain't Disney putting it up.

Yep, misread that. That's a relief.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 04:26:35 pm »
Which company is behind the project?  And whose financial investments?  It'll take a lot of money to pull this off.

I don't know, but I'd bet on Branson.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 04:31:29 pm »
Sounds like a neo-con re-education camp posing as an amusement park, along the lines of the Nazi "Strength Through Joy" program.

I don't see Six Flags ramming a "managed" version of history into my mind as I ride the flume.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 04:53:13 pm »
Sounds like a neo-con re-education camp posing as an amusement park, along the lines of the Nazi "Strength Through Joy" program.

I don't see Six Flags ramming a "managed" version of history into my mind as I ride the flume.

:facepalm2:

Online libertybele

A Patriotic American theme park -- sounds like a winner!

The $2 billion American Heartland theme park bigger than Disney’s Magic Kingdom revealed.

Plans for a massive $2 billion theme park – that is bigger than Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom – were revealed this week. The enormous American Heartland Theme Park and Resort won't be located in Florida or California, but in Oklahoma.

Plans for the American Heartland theme park have been proposed for a 1,000-acre property in the heart of northeast Oklahoma, just west of Grand Lake on Route 66. The tourist attraction will boast a 125-acre theme park and a 300-room hotel with an indoor water park. The new attraction will boast a "nostalgic charm of a traditional amusement park."

The new park features six "distinctly American" lands: Great Plains, Bayou Bay, Big Timber Falls, Stony Point Harbor, Liberty Village, and Electropolis.

The first phase of the project – the 320-acre Three Ponies RV Park and Campground – is scheduled to open in spring 2025. The campground will be the largest campground in the central United States and will accommodate 750 RV spaces and 300 cabins with amenities.

"The 1,000-acre development will feature the 125-acre American Heartland theme park, which is comparable to the size of Magic Kingdom Theme Park and Disneyland Park," the press release reads. "The park will feature an Americana-themed environment with a variety of entertaining rides, live shows, family attractions, waterways as well as restaurant-quality food and beverage offerings. The theme park and resort are scheduled to open in fall of 2026."..................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/american-heartland-theme-park-disney
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 12:57:50 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Interesting venture in this horrible economy,  but certainly would be huge for the Tulsa region if successful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod5

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2023, 02:30:18 am »
Merged.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2023, 05:39:34 am »
THIS is how you win!   :thumbsup: