Author Topic: First Genetic Clue Why Some People Do Not Get Sick From Covid  (Read 370 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Barron's By AFP - Agence France Presse July 19, 2023

People who have a particular genetic variant are twice as likely to never get sick when they contract Covid-19, researchers said on Wednesday, offering the first potential explanation for the lucky group dubbed the "super dodgers".

Those who have two copies of the variant are eight times more likely to never get any symptoms from Covid, according to the study in the journal Nature.

Previous research has suggested that at least 20 percent of the millions of Covid infections during the pandemic were asymptomatic.

To find out what could be behind these cases, researchers took advantage of a database of volunteer bone marrow donors in the United States.

The database included each person's type of human leukocyte antigen (HLA), which are molecules on the surface of most cells in the body.

The immune system uses HLA to see which cells belong in the body, and they are thought to play a key role in the response to viral infections.

More: https://www.barrons.com/news/first-genetic-clue-why-some-people-do-not-get-sick-from-covid-1b50f12e

Offline libertybele

Re: First Genetic Clue Why Some People Do Not Get Sick From Covid
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 12:51:45 am »
Interesting study.

There are many I believe who were symptomatic but there symptoms were so mild that they didn't even realize that they had COVID.  I think it also depends on what supplements and vitamins one takes as well.  When COVID first came out I had been taking Quercetin regularly for some time.  I stopped taking it awhile back and came down with the last variant of COVID. 

Other viruses like HepC and AIDS can lay dormant for years, I wonder if that may be true of different variations of COVID?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: First Genetic Clue Why Some People Do Not Get Sick From Covid
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 05:18:42 am »
Interesting study.

There are many I believe who were symptomatic but there symptoms were so mild that they didn't even realize that they had COVID.  I think it also depends on what supplements and vitamins one takes as well.  When COVID first came out I had been taking Quercetin regularly for some time.  I stopped taking it awhile back and came down with the last variant of COVID. 

Other viruses like HepC and AIDS can lay dormant for years, I wonder if that may be true of different variations of COVID?
Quercetin acts as an ionophore for zinc, and if you eat red meat (prime dietary zinc source) or take zinc supplements, you are likely resistant to the common cold as well.

Zinc is known to disrupt viral replication in vitro and in vivo with the original SARS virus (and many cold viruses), and the purpose of HCQ and IVM in their respective regimens was to act as an ionophore to get zinc past cell membranes and into the cytoplasm. HCQ and IVM have effects otherwise as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis