Author Topic: Are Republicans Completely Toast in Arizona?  (Read 1829 times)

Online Kamaji

Are Republicans Completely Toast in Arizona?
« on: July 20, 2023, 08:04:29 pm »

BY STEPHEN KRUISER
JULY 19, 2023

When I left Arizona for my third — and longest — stint in California in 1996, the Republican party here was a well-oiled machine. Upon arrival in Los Angeles, I discovered that the California GOP was the messiest of hot messes, and that remained the case for the more than two decades that I lived there.

I’ve been back in my native Arizona for a little over five years now and, sadly, it looks like whatever was plaguing the California Republican party was contagious. The Arizona GOP that I returned to was so far removed from the one I left that I kept wondering if the good old days really were that good. They were, of course, but I quickly had to adjust to the fact that they were long gone.

Shortly after I moved back, Arizona elected Kyrsten Sinema to the United States Senate. She was the first Democrat to win a Senate election here since Dennis DeConcini — a guy my dad went to high school with — won reelection in 1988. By January 2021, both of our senators were Democrats, a situation that many would have thought impossible just a decade earlier. There were a lot of contributing factors that brought about this change, but I’m comfortable placing the majority of the blame on the state party.

Shifting demographics are the convenient scapegoat for a lot of people, and that is part of the problem. Arizona is one of those states that attract Democrats who flee the blue state hells that they’ve created, only to try and reestablish them here. The Dem flying monkeys in the mainstream media have been writing and saying for a couple of years that Arizona has “flipped” blue. That’s nonsense. It’s definitely gotten more purple, but we’re a long way from being blue.

In early 2018, I began asking my conservative friends who were very knowledgeable about Arizona politics what kind of bench the GOP had here. All replied, “None.” It was only a slight exaggeration. Our current Senate situation is a reflection of that problem.

There is a lot to like about Martha McSally. Her skill as a retail politician isn’t one of them. McSally’s weaknesses as a statewide candidate were painfully apparent in her 2018 loss to Sinema. Because they had no one else to turn to, McSally was installed as a placeholder for the other Senate seat, which became open after the passing of John McCain.

Woefully short of options, the Arizona Republican party turned to McSally for the 2020 special election, where she was dispatched by carpetbagger Mark “I’M AN ASTRONAUT!” Kelly.

Fast-forward to 2022, and the disaster that Republicans endured in the gubernatorial and Senate races. I’ve written a lot about the ballot machine problems in Maricopa County, which will always be suspicious. Pinning the GOP failures in the two biggest races on that is off the mark though.

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2023/07/19/are-republicans-completely-toast-in-arizona-n1711924

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Are Republicans Completely Toast in Arizona?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 09:22:06 pm »
The Party Bosses are working overtime to make the collapse happen.  It makes me sick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 09:24:36 pm »
The Party Bosses are working overtime to make the collapse happen.  It makes me sick.

Understood. The state of our nation makes me sick.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 10:01:57 pm »
   Just as the Texas GOP is in shambles due to Cornyn, IMHO the AZ GOP is still suffering from the aftermath of McCain.  These things take time.   
   AZ will proudly be known as the home of Barry Goldwater once again, I have no doubt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 10:31:19 pm »
Arizona is nominally a blue state now.

Watch what happens in 2024.

If the Pubbies can't make a comeback, then it will be all but over for them.

Blue and gettin' blue-er.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 03:42:28 am »
Since Ducey couldn't seem to be bothered with all the election shenanigans going on, is anyone suprised?
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 04:30:13 am »

Only because they want to be.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 11:28:14 am »
   Just as the Texas GOP is in shambles due to Cornyn, IMHO the AZ GOP is still suffering from the aftermath of McCain.  These things take time.   
   AZ will proudly be known as the home of Barry Goldwater once again, I have no doubt.

One can only hope.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 03:36:23 pm »
Since Ducey couldn't seem to be bothered with all the election shenanigans going on, is anyone suprised?

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 03:38:35 pm »
Only because they want to be.

The Party leadership certainly wants it.  I certainly do not.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2023, 03:48:04 pm »
The Republican state parties will re-invent themselves to survive.

The National Party is a dumpster fire.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2023, 04:15:29 pm »
The Republican state parties will re-invent themselves to survive.

The National Party is a dumpster fire.

AZGOP Chairman Jeff DeWitt has chosen to jump in that dumpster.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 12:29:18 am »
No party is ever toast.

We saw Bush throw away a huge advantage and in 2008 morons like Chris Matthews were saying it would be a decade or more before the GOP could ever hope to get the house back. 

But only two years later, America handed it back to the GOP in an incredible shelacking of the democrats. 

So much can turn.

The GOP have been lousy stewards, but at least they are not the democrats.

The current AZ GOP has some deep issues.  But never count them out.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2023, 01:22:35 am »
No party is ever toast.

We saw Bush throw away a huge advantage and in 2008 morons like Chris Matthews were saying it would be a decade or more before the GOP could ever hope to get the house back. 

But only two years later, America handed it back to the GOP in an incredible shelacking of the democrats. 

So much can turn.

The GOP have been lousy stewards, but at least they are not the democrats.

The current AZ GOP has some deep issues.  But never count them out.

I am sure they said that about the Whigs. Republicans are headed down that lane by doing nothing about the issues of the day.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2023, 02:19:38 am »
Odd "how the wheel turns",ain't it?

All my life I have thought Arizona to be a solid Republican state.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2023, 03:00:42 am »
Odd "how the wheel turns",ain't it?

All my life I have thought Arizona to be a solid Republican state.

It was in the Barry Goldwater days.  Then John McCain happened.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2023, 04:32:13 am »
It was in the Barry Goldwater days. Then John McCain happened.

@Cyber Liberty

What America REALLY needs is another Ronald Reagan for President,and another Barry Goldwater as the VP,standing in the wings and ready to take over after being a VP for 8  years.

The system today is so corrupt I am not even sure those two could do much to change it. Especially these days,with the Dims printing all the ballots they need to score a win after the polls have closed.

We HAVE to go back to a system where you either go to the local polling place and place your vote there with the monitors watching,or you just don't vote.

The ONLY exceptions should be for military and political members who are based overseas doing America's business. THEY,and ONLY THEY should be allowed to mail ballots in.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2023, 08:18:30 pm »
There are plenty of great conservative republicans in AZ.

There are a lot of conservative independents too.

We have a lot to work with....we just need to pull it together.