Author Topic: Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Tumble to 228,000  (Read 661 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Tumble to 228,000
« on: July 20, 2023, 04:41:31 pm »
Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Tumble to 228,000
John Carney

The labor market remains extraordinarily resilient.

New claims for unemployment benefits fell by 9,000 to 228,000 in the week that ended June 15, the Labor Department said Thursday.

The four-week moving average of claims fell by 9,250 to 237,500. Initial jobless claims are a proxy for layoffs. They have remained very low despite the Federal Reserve’s 10 interest rate hikes.

Continuing claims, which are reported with a one week delay, rose by 33,000 to 1,754,000 for the week that ended July 8. The four week moving average of ongoing claims fell by 1,750 to 1,731,500. Even after the increase, this is a historically low level of continuing claims.

Economists had forecast an increase in claims to 241,000.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/07/20/jobless-claims-unexpectedly-tumble-to-228000/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Tumble to 228,000
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 10:45:55 pm »
Is this expectation to be followed by the usual jobless claims unexpectedly higher reports?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 01:41:44 pm »
As with the inflation numbers, anyone who believes anything from this government is gullible as hell.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 09:57:08 pm »
This is probably due to so many people having already "timed out" on their unemployment benefits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2023, 11:28:42 pm »
The one bright spot in the economy is the labor market. It's easy to get a job. Just the paycheck from the job doesn't go as far as in years past
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2023, 12:04:58 am »
The one bright spot in the economy is the labor market. It's easy to get a job. Just the paycheck from the job doesn't go as far as in years past

Interesting -- does that mean a lot of people of dropped out of the labor market and onto government assistance or are working from home? Perhaps a lot of people retired?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.