Author Topic: I began 'gender transition' at 16. I was lied to in a terrible way. Now I am seeking justice  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I began 'gender transition' at 16. I was lied to in a terrible way. Now I am seeking justice
Opinion by Fox News • 10h ago

Sanctuary county for transgender kids is an ‘extremely dangerous situation’: Prisha Mosley

PROGRAMMING ALERT: Watch the author discuss this topic and more on "America Reports" between 1 and 3 pm ET on Friday, July 21.

My name is Prisha Mosley and I’m a 25-year-old woman and detransitioner. Since childhood, I have struggled with my mental health. As is the case for many girls, my teen years were particularly difficult. Tragically, at age 14, I suffered from a sexual assault. At age 15, I was hospitalized for depression. By age 16, I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and an eating disorder. I engaged in self-harm by cutting myself, which became so serious that I was taken to the emergency room.

Starting when I was 16 years old, and continuing into my teen and young adult years, doctors and counselors set me on a path of medicalized "gender transition." They told me that changing my body to look like a boy’s body would cure my mental health problems. They told me that injecting large amounts of testosterone into my female body would be good for me. They also encouraged me to undergo surgery to remove my healthy breasts.

I trusted these health care providers to take care of me. Because of that relationship of trust, and my vulnerable condition, I believed what they said and I thought they were treating me properly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/i-began-gender-transition-at-16-i-was-lied-to-in-a-terrible-way-now-i-am-seeking-justice/ar-AA1e6xz2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=273ba8327e0f4f62b5e8be2ca9b6eed7&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson