Author Topic: ANOTHER LEAK: Jack Smith to Charge Trump with Civil War Era Civil Rights Violation – Bastardizing th  (Read 524 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ANOTHER LEAK: Jack Smith to Charge Trump with Civil War Era Civil Rights Violation – Bastardizing the Law to Jail Biden Regime’s Political Opponents
by Jim Hoft Jul. 19, 2023 10:00 pm

Special Counsel Jack Smith leaked another report to The New York Times on Wednesday night.

This comes after the House Oversight Committee produced $17 million in bank receipts and witness testimony in the Biden Family bribery, corruption, and influence peddling schemes with foreign regimes.

Jack Smith is likely to use the same Civil War Civil Rights Violation that Merrick Garland and the DOJ have been using to send January 6 protesters to prison for years for non-violent crimes.

Again, this leak was reported Wednesday night after the damning testimony from this afternoon.

Federal prosecutors have introduced a new twist into the Jan. 6 investigation by suggesting in a target letter that they could charge former President Donald J. Trump with violating a civil rights statute that dates back to the post-Civil War Reconstruction era, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The letter to Mr. Trump from the special counsel, Jack Smith, referred to three criminal statutes as part of the grand jury investigation into Mr. Trump’s efforts to reverse his 2020 election loss, according to two people with knowledge of its contents. Two of the statutes were familiar from the criminal referral by the House Jan. 6 committee and months of discussion by legal experts: conspiracy to defraud the government and obstruction of an official proceeding.

But the third criminal law cited in the letter was a surprise: Section 241 of Title 18 of the United States Code, which makes it a crime for people to “conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person” in the “free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.”

Congress enacted that statute after the Civil War to provide a tool for federal agents to go after Southern whites, including Ku Klux Klan members, who engaged in terrorism to prevent formerly enslaved African Americans from voting. But in the modern era, it has been used more broadly, including in cases of voting fraud conspiracies.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/07/another-leak-dirty-jack-smith-charge-trump-civil/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They are going after the threats and intimidation of election workers and officials ... like attempting to use the threat of DOJ/FBI action against Georgia election officials if those officials couldn't find votes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

That is going way, way, way too far.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

An officer of the Federal Government, like the President, threatening and intimidating state officials to make up votes for Trump to fraudulently change the outcome of election ... sounds like extortion.

If enough dots can be connected sufficiently to stand up in court, there could be Federal or State RICO charges coming.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
An officer of the Federal Government, like the President, threatening and intimidating state officials to make up votes for Trump to fraudulently change the outcome of election ... sounds like extortion.

If enough dots can be connected sufficiently to stand up in court, there could be Federal or State RICO charges coming.

@DefiantMassRINO

In your wet dreams.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Those charges are the act of desperation by a Jack-Off.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.