Author Topic: Protesters storm Swedish Embassy in Baghdad ahead of planned Quran burning in Stockholm  (Read 496 times)

Online Kamaji

Protesters storm Swedish Embassy in Baghdad ahead of planned Quran burning in Stockholm

By Associated Press
July 20, 2023

Protesters angered by the planned burning of a copy of the Quran stormed the Swedish Embassy in Baghdad early Thursday, breaking into the compound and lighting a small fire.

Online videos showed demonstrators at the diplomatic post waving flags and signs showing the influential Iraqi Shiite cleric and political leader Muqtada al-Sadr ahead of a planned burning of the Islamic holy book Thursday in Stockholm.

The videos showed dozens of men climbing over the fence at the complex, with the sound of them trying to break down a front door.

Another showed what appeared to be a small fire being set.

Other footage showed men, some shirtless in the summer heat, inside what appeared to be a room at the embassy, an alarm audible in the background.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/20/swedish-embassy-in-baghdad-stormed-over-planned-quran-burning-in-stockholm/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Protesters storm Swedish Embassy in Baghdad ahead of planned Quran burning in Stockholm

By Associated Press
July 20, 2023

Protesters angered by the planned burning of a copy of the Quran stormed the Swedish Embassy in Baghdad early Thursday, breaking into the compound and lighting a small fire.

Online videos showed demonstrators at the diplomatic post waving flags and signs showing the influential Iraqi Shiite cleric and political leader Muqtada al-Sadr ahead of a planned burning of the Islamic holy book Thursday in Stockholm.

The videos showed dozens of men climbing over the fence at the complex, with the sound of them trying to break down a front door.

Another showed what appeared to be a small fire being set.

Other footage showed men, some shirtless in the summer heat, inside what appeared to be a room at the embassy, an alarm audible in the background.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/20/swedish-embassy-in-baghdad-stormed-over-planned-quran-burning-in-stockholm/
It would be a shame if the Swedes had planted massive explosives in the embassy when they left and then detonate them when the greatest number of invaders were inside :whistle: I would hope all Swedish staffers were recalled, what fool would leave their embassy manned in a moslem country when a government sanctioned Koran burning was planned back home?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Leave your Old World Holy Wars behind in the $h!th0le countries that you are fleeing.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Swedes don't have Swedish military  members guarding their embassy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Leave your Old World Holy Wars behind in the $h!th0le countries that you are fleeing.
The Swedish embassy that was stormed was in Baghdad, if I'm not mistaken that is in a shithole country

Online mountaineer

They've also attacked a Danish aid organization in Iraq.
Protesters try to storm Baghdad's Green Zone over Quran and flag burning in Denmark
NPR - By The Associated Press
Published July 22, 2023 at 3:05 AM PDT
Updated July 22, 2023 at 9:46 AM ET

BAGHDAD — Tensions flared again in Iraq Saturday over a series of recent protests in Europe involving desecration of the Quran, Islam's holy book, which have sparked a debate over the balance between freedom of speech and religious sensitivities.

Hundreds of protesters attempted to storm Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone, which houses foreign embassies and the seat of Iraq's government, early Saturday following reports that an ultranationalist group burned a copy of the Quran in front of the Iraqi Embassy in the Danish capital, Copenhagen. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org