Author Topic: NYC announces 60-day limit in city shelters for asylum seekers amid migrant crisis  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC announces 60-day limit in city shelters for asylum seekers amid migrant crisis
If an adult asylum seeker does not find alternative housing in that 60-day limit, they will be required to reapply for new placement at the arrival center.
By NBC New York Staff • Published July 19, 2023 • Updated on July 19, 2023 at 11:46 pm

Mayor Eric Adams announced that the city will now only allow migrants to stay at a shelter for 60 days. News 4’s Melissa Russo reports.

What to Know
New York City Mayor Eric Adams announced that, with the purpose of helping move asylum seekers out of the city's shelter system to provide more space for arriving migrants, New York City will now only allow migrants to stay at a shelter for 60 days.

This effort will begin in the coming weeks, starting with asylum seekers who have been in the city’s care for a significant amount of time, the office of the mayor said.

If an adult asylum seeker does not find alternative housing in that 60-day limit, they will be required to reapply for new placement at the arrival center.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nyc-announces-60-day-limit-in-city-shelters-for-asylum-seekers-amid-migrant-crisis/4519421/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NYC announces 60-day limit in city shelters for asylum seekers amid migrant crisis

@rangerrebew

In other words,the only thing that will happen is some low-paid clerks will type up the papers to give them another 60 days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@rangerrebew

In other words,the only thing that will happen is some low-paid clerks will type up the papers to give them another 60 days.

Exactly.  So how are these migrants supposed to find alternate housing?  I doubt many have found jobs or even speak the language, though at this point, I'd assume the main language now spoken in NYC is not English.

I thought I had read that they were using hotels to house the ILLEGALS.

How about we give our vets the hotel rooms and use of facilities and a nice warm breakfast instead???

NYC is quickly turning into a bigger hell hole then it already is.