Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Texas Begins Jailing Female Migrants Arrested at Border on State Crimes  (Read 141 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Texas Begins Jailing Female Migrants Arrested at Border on State Crimes
Texas Department of Criminal Justice will now detain migrants arrested near the border under Operation Lone Star. (Texas Department of Public Safety)Texas Department of Public Safety
BOB PRICE19 Jul 2023110

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) is now detaining female migrants arrested along the border on state crimes. The new policy expands the existing policies of arresting male migrants for state crimes under Governor Greg Abbott’s Operation Lone Star.

“Beginning today, TDCJ is accepting female migrants arrested by Texas law enforcement officers along the border,” TDCJ Director of Communications Amanda Hernandez told Breitbart Texas on Wednesday.”The females will be held in the Lopez Unit in Edinburg.”

Hernandez explained this is a continuation of the department’s role in the Operation Lone Star border security mission. She said the expansion of the program will now allow state and local law enforcement to arrest female migrants that are committing crimes like criminal trespass and other state crimes after illegally crossing the border from Mexico.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/07/19/exclusive-texas-begins-jailing-female-migrants-arrested-at-border-on-state-crimes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson