Author Topic: 206 Drugged Migrants Bound for U.S. Border Found Locked in Trailer in Mexico  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
206 Drugged Migrants Bound for U.S. Border Found Locked in Trailer in Mexico

RANDY CLARK19 Jul 202384

Mexico’s National Institute of Migration (INM) officers rescued 206 Central American migrants trapped in a sealed semi-tractor trailer. The Guatemalan and Honduran migrants, including women and children, told authorities cartel smugglers drugged them to inhibit the urge to use a bathroom during the trip. The migrants were encountered in the Mexican state of Veracruz on Saturday evening.

National Institute of Migration officers find 206 migrants, including small children, drugged and locked in tractor trailer in Veracruz, Mexico. (National Institute of Migration/Government of Mexico)
National Institute of Migration officers found 206 migrants, including small children, drugged and locked in a tractor-trailer in Veracruz, Mexico. (National Institute of Migration/Government of Mexico)

According to INM, authorities from multiple agencies discovered the tractor-trailer on the side of a roadway near Cardel, Veracruz. An inspection of the trailer revealed the hidden human cargo within. Twenty of the 206 migrants found inside were unaccompanied migrant children wearing identity bracelets placed on them by the migrant smugglers.

Authorities indicate the trailer appeared to have been modified by adding a support structure to afford a second floor. This enabled the trailer to accommodate more migrants. An additional modification was made to defeat the use of X-ray technology used by authorities to detect the migrants hidden inside. The migrants were found to be suffering from dehydration and claimed they were forced to ingest an unknown medication to reduce bodily functions while being transported.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/07/19/206-drugged-migrants-bound-for-u-s-border-found-locked-in-trailer-in-mexico/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson