Author Topic: Media Chases ‘Climate Enhanced’ Heat Waves, Misses Data Showing They are Less Frequent  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Media Chases ‘Climate Enhanced’ Heat Waves, Misses Data Showing They are Less Frequent
By Anthony Watts -July 17, 20231

A number of media outlets are claiming that U.S. heatwaves are getting worse this week due to climate change. This is false. Actual data from temperature measurements show that heatwaves in the U.S. are on the decline even as climate change has occurred over the last 75 years.

It is summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and unsurprisingly to those that pay attention to data, it is hot in many places in the U.S. – in other words, business as usual for summer. But, the media sees climate change in every heatwave event, and seeks to exploit a connection, even though one doesn’t exist. For example, last week it was declared that the world had seen its hottest day ever on July 4, with some outlets claiming the “hottest in 100,000 years.” That of course, was proven laughably false here at Climate Realism on both counts.

This week, the media was at it again. The Washington Post, in an article titled, “Relentless heat wave reaching maximum strength: Weather updates,” says this:

“What is a heat dome? Understand the science and how drought and climate change make them worse.”

https://climaterealism.com/2023/07/media-chases-climate-enhanced-heat-waves-misses-data-showing-they-are-less-frequent/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson