Author Topic: Greatest emitter in world says it will “follow it’s own path” which means, emissions-on-a-rocket, an  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Greatest emitter in world says it will “follow it’s own path” which means, emissions-on-a-rocket, and no one cares
By Jo Nova

Does the planet matter or doesn’t it?
Today the headlines read “As the world sizzles, China says it will deal with climate its own way“, as if it made sense that the planet could be burning up and the largest emitter was clearly steaming ahead anyway. But no one got too upset in the Washington Post, or anywhere else either.

From a carbon-believer’s point of view this should be the main game, the big crisis, the drama to launch a thousand protests and fund-raisers. But there are no encampments outside the Chinese embassies, no one is calling for boycotts on Chinese goods “until they act”, and no people are gluing themselves to wharves to stop “the boats of doom” loading and unloading.

China’s intentions are pretty clear:

China’s output of carbon dioxide is set to reach a new record high in 2023. It grew 4 percent in the first quarter this year alone.

Apparently China is committed to deadlines but not to a path, or a tempo, or a public plan, or any kind of transparency:

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/07/greatest-emitter-in-world-says-it-will-follow-its-own-path-which-means-emissions-on-a-rocket-and-no-one-cares/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson