Author Topic: New homes could be blocked unless Ulez-style schemes are agreed first  (Read 307 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New homes could be blocked unless Ulez-style schemes are agreed first
JULY 19, 2023
By Paul Homewood

h/t Ian Magness

This is a clear example of bureaucratic overreach:

New housing is being blocked unless councillors agree to introduce green schemes such as Ulez and low-traffic neighbourhoods, in an approach that the environment watchdog is preparing to roll out across the country.

Natural England, which is already accused of blocking up to 145,000 homes, has commissioned a review of “mitigation measures” that could be used to limit emissions associated with new properties in the vicinity of more than 330 designated areas across the country.

The approach is already under way in the Epping Forest district of Essex, where the local council has sparked anger among residents by drawing up plans to introduce a Ulez-style “clean air zone” from 2025, under which cars and other vehicles would be charged each time they enter the area.

The council said it had been “advised by Natural England, as the responsible statutory body”, that it would be unable to approve new developments unless it simultaneously introduced measures to control air pollution in the area.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/07/19/new-homes-could-be-blocked-unless-ulez-style-schemes-are-agreed-first/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is something, no doubt, Brandon would like to hobble America with.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

The UK is really going down the eco-toilet.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The UK is really going down the eco-toilet.

They are Ridin' with Biden.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is something, no doubt, Brandon would like to hobble America with.

@rangerrebew

Maybe,if someone paid him enough.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!