Author Topic: States Reconsider: The Folly of Fear-Driven Climate Policies  (Read 254 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
States Reconsider: The Folly of Fear-Driven Climate Policies
21 hours ago Charles Rotter 26 Comments
“…calling the fee that customers pay a ‘hidden tax.'”

– Gov. Glenn Youngkin
“…the goals of the alliance are “ambitious and well-intentioned” but that they “conflict with Nevada’s energy policy objectives.””

– Gov. Joe Lombardo
Finally, some common sense is returning to the climate change debate. Governors Glenn Youngkin of Virginia and Joe Lombardo of Nevada are prioritizing the well-being of their citizens and the unique needs of their states over ill-founded climate alarmism.

In Virginia, Governor Youngkin recently concluded a review of new regulations, bringing the state closer to withdrawing from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) by the end of the year. The RGGI is a pact among twelve states that forces electricity producers to buy allowances for carbon emissions, a cost that consumers unjustly bear. Youngkin aptly refers to this cost as a “hidden tax” and seeks to shield Virginians from such unnecessary financial burdens.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/19/states-reconsider-the-folly-of-fear-driven-climate-policies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Re: States Reconsider: The Folly of Fear-Driven Climate Policies
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 11:25:22 am »
Would that more states would follow suit.