Author Topic: Europe’s “48°C Horror That Never Was”…ESA, Media Sharply Criticized For Manipulative Reporting  (Read 204 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Europe’s “48°C Horror That Never Was”…ESA, Media Sharply Criticized For Manipulative Reporting
By P Gosselin on 19. July 2023

“The most intense climate lie”: Last week it was all over the news: Temperatures in southern Europe skyrocketing to 48°C! But none of it was true.

Surface temperature chart: European Space Agency (ESA)

The hysteria was started when climate sensationalist media outlets in Germany and elsewhere, like the Relotius Spiegel, uncritically cited a sloppily and manipulatively formulated July 13 report from the European Space Agency (ESA), that first referred to “air” temperature:

Temperatures are sizzling across Europe this week amid an intense and prolonged period of heat. And it’s only just begun. Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Poland are all facing a major heatwave with air temperatures expected to climb to 48°C on the islands of Sicily and Sardinia – potentially the hottest temperatures ever recorded in Europe.”

The original ESA report continued, only later specifying that it was in fact referring to surface temperature (emphasis added):

https://notrickszone.com/2023/07/19/europes-48c-horror-that-never-was-esa-media-sharply-criticized-for-manipulative-reporting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson