Author Topic: DOD too slow in fielding EW capabilities, prominent congressman says  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DOD too slow in fielding EW capabilities, prominent congressman says

MARK POMERLEAU
JULY 18, 2023

The military is too slow to field critical electronic warfare capabilities, according to a prominent member of Congress.

“I’m seeing a lot of talk, a lot of thinking going on behind closed doors. I don’t see the output, the actual combat capability output that we need in EW. We’re not there yet,” Rep. Don Bacon, R-Neb., a retired electronic warfare one-star general with the Air Force, said Tuesday during an event hosted by the Hudson Institute. “A lot of planning, not a lot of output. We’re just too slow.”

At the end of the Cold War, the DOD largely divested much of its high-end electronic warfare capabilities.

The Department of Defense has made a lot of progress within the last few years rebuilding its prowess within the spectrum.

https://defensescoop.com/2023/07/18/dod-too-slow-in-fielding-ew-capabilities-prominent-congressman-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson