Author Topic: DHS: Migrant encounters still down in June  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS: Migrant encounters still down in June
« on: July 19, 2023, 12:11:45 pm »

IMMIGRATION
DHS: Migrant encounters still down in June

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 / 07:09 PM CDT

Updated: Jul 18, 2023 / 07:13 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – More than 107,000 migrants crossed the Southwest border without authorization in June, either coming between lawful ports of entry of showing up at the ports without an appointment, federal officials said. Another 38,000 presented themselves at the ports to claim asylum after securing appointments online.

The combined 144,607 migrant encounters in June represent a 30% decrease from last May and the lowest totals since President Biden’s first full month in office back in February 2021, according to data released late Tuesday by Department of Homeland Security agencies.

Some officials attributed the decrease to deterrents to illegal migration such as loss of future immigration benefits under Title 8 authority, and to increased admission of foreigners who petition for asylum appointments through the CBP One app.

“Our sustained efforts to enforce consequences under our longstanding Title 8 authorities, combined with expanding access to lawful pathways and processes, have driven the number of migrant encounters along the Southwest border to their lowest levels in more than two years,” said Troy A. Miller, U.S. Customs and Border Protection acting commissioner.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/dhs-migrant-encounters-still-down-in-june/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: DHS: Migrant encounters still down in June
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 11:07:37 pm »
Sure they are! Of course if you don't have any personnel in the areas where they are crossing then how can you have encounters?