Author Topic: DOJ is an ‘absolute weapon’ and target letter ‘bothers me,’ Trump tells Iowa voters  (Read 256 times)

Offline Kamaji

DOJ is an ‘absolute weapon’ and target letter ‘bothers me,’ Trump tells Iowa voters

By Victor Nava
July 19, 2023

Former President Donald Trump told Iowa voters during a town hall on Tuesday that the Justice Department is being used as an “absolute weapon” and said it “bothers” him that he’s reportedly a target in a federal grand jury investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the Capitol Building.

Fox News host Sean Hannity kicked off the Cedar Rapids, Iowa, event by asking the 77-year-old Republican presidential primary front-runner why the litany of criminal allegations being leveled against him don’t seem to bother him “like I think it would bother so many other people.”

“No, it bothers me,” Trump admitted. “It bothers me for everybody in this incredible sold out audience, and it bothers you.”

Trump said the target letter he received from special counsel Jack Smith on Sunday night tells him the DOJ is “in a rush because they want to interfere” in the 2024 presidential election.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/19/trump-says-doj-is-an-absolute-weapon-and-jack-smiths-target-letter-bothers-me-to-iowa-voters/