Author Topic: Jason Aldean defends himself over backlash to controversial song  (Read 2363 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Re: Jason Aldean defends himself over backlash to controversial song
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2023, 07:48:15 pm »
The video is quite disturbing.  If people don't realize what's going on in our country, they do now.  The violence and the 'wokeness' needs to stop.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2023, 08:05:16 pm »
Stupid Alinsky Marxists think they are just going to target and cancel at whim and that's the end of it.

Now they've created an anthem to unite around.  22222frying pan

YEP. They have awakened the sleeping giant, as it were. A WHOLE lot of folks are getting red-pilled... Liberalism in fire-hose mode tend to have that effect.  :cool:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2023, 09:23:52 pm »
Jason Aldean Defies Cancel Mob, Performs ‘Try That in a Small Town’ as Crowd Chants USA: I Want to See America Restored to What It Once Was

David Ng 22 Jul 2023

Country music superstar Jason Aldean defied the cancel mob to perform “Try That in a Small Town” during a concert Friday as leftists continued their efforts to smear and censor the hit song.

His defiant tone inspired the audience to chant “USA! USA!” in support of the singer.

Jason Aldean was performing at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati on Friday when he addressed the recent attacks on the song by the mainstream media, which has attempted to smear it as racist for its depiction of the deadly Black Lives Matter riots of 2020 and the surge in crime plaguing major cities.

“I gotta tell you guys,” Aldean said Friday evening. “It’s been a long-ass week. It’s been a long week and I’ve seen a lot of stuff. I’ve seen a lot of stuff suggesting I’m this, suggesting I’m that.”

He added: “I feel like everybody’s entitled to their opinion. You can think something all you want to — that doesn’t mean it’s true, right?”

“What I am is a proud American,” he continued. “I’m proud to be from here. I love our country. I want to see it restored to what it once was before all this bullshit started happening to it.”

more

https://twitter.com/Yolo304741/status/1682620767295655937

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/07/22/jason-aldean-defies-cancel-mob-performs-try-that-in-a-small-town-as-crowd-chants-usa-i-want-to-see-america-restored-to-what-it-once-was/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2023, 09:28:06 pm »
Love it when Alinsky tactics backfire. The woke Left never thinks there will ever be a response.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2023, 09:30:42 pm »
Love it when Alinsky tactics backfire. The woke Left never thinks there will ever be a response.

People are being pushed into a corner. Enough is enough.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2023, 10:01:18 pm »
I have spent a good portion of the last few days watching reactors on Youtube, reacting to this song.... Paying particular attention to black reactors... I have yet to find a single one that doesn't get it... and every one approved the song and its message.

Not a single voice supported the accusation so far. NO ONE thinks it's racist.

This does not surprise me, and many probably live in small towns (= knows that experience).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2023, 10:10:49 pm »
This does not surprise me, and many probably live in small towns (= knows that experience).

You can tell it too... Some are redneck blacks... rural. Some from the burbs, some in the hood. But they all get it. they all see the 'FAFO' and understand it. and APPROVE.

They know it's a legit warning, not an incitement. And certainly not racist.

It's a crazy little anthropological thing that has me hooked anyway - Black folks reacting to country music - And even in the city, them black folks are finding out those rednecks they have been taught to fear all their lives are pretty much the same as them under the skin... The cultures I mean.

Nashville ain't that far from Memphis. And the veneer is wearing thin on this race war sh*t.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2023, 11:01:50 pm »

https://twitter.com/atensnut/status/1682881921523621889
That's from the same satire site that had Blake Shelton ditching a 40 million dollar project. All satire, not truth.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2023, 11:11:01 pm »
Song about murder -- the Left loves it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaSqRLfm62Y
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 11:12:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2023, 11:20:46 pm »
Song about murder -- the Left loves it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaSqRLfm62Y

And they will, until this breaks through their neighborhood gates...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2023, 12:09:49 am »
Standing up for your rights and your country!  Gee, what a concept.   :patriot:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2023, 12:24:45 am »
What next? Shoot up another one of his concerts like they did in Vegas six years ago?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2023, 12:26:57 am »
What next? Shoot up another one of his concerts like they did in Vegas six years ago?

Hopefully not, but people can no longer just sit passively by and let our towns, cities, and country be destroyed.

Online LMAO

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2023, 04:51:55 pm »
I am in no way a country music fan but I’m glad to see this fella stand his ground

The worst thing he can do is cave into the mob and think that apologizing will convince the jackals to back off. Just ask Joe Rogan how that went.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2023, 04:53:55 pm »
I am in no way a country music fan but I’m glad to see this fella stand his ground

The worst thing he can do is cave into the mob and think that apologizing will convince the jackals to back off. Just ask Joe Rogan how that went.

:thumbsup: