Author Topic: Dems warn of 30-foot sea level rise without action on climate, call for ‘recovery plan’  (Read 584 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Published July 18, 2023 7:17am EDT

Dems warn of 30-foot sea level rise without action on climate, call for ‘recovery plan’
The resolution argues that climate change has a disproportionate impact on children, and demands a government-led response
Patrick Hauf By Patrick Hauf | Fox News

Tomi Lahren: The left is trying to convince people they're victims
'Outnumbered' panelists sound off on Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau after he blamed the 'American right wing' for Muslims' opposition to LGBTQ instruction in schools.

Dozens of House Democrats put forward legislation last week that claims the sea level will rise as much as 30 feet by the year 2100 if the government does not act to counter climate change.

The non-binding resolution from 65 Democrats argues there is a disproportionate impact of climate change on children, and warns that the warming climate is a threat to the fundamental rights and mental health of children around the world. A government acknowledgment and solution to the "threat to national security" posed by climate change is needed to counter potentially irreversible harms to the environment, they wrote.

climate protest
Dozens of House Democrats put forward legislation last week that claims the sea level will rise as much as 30 feet by the year 2100 if the government does not act to counter climate change. (Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images)

"The best scientific information available projects a 15- to 30-foot rise in sea level by 2100 if current trends continue, with ever greater rises and acceleration in subsequent centuries, resulting in increased erosion and the loss of land, causing the loss of communities, homes, infrastructure, agriculture, and coastal ecosystems for affected children, until such time as levels of CO2 in the atmosphere are dramatically reduced, and steps are taken to cool the upper portion of the ocean," the resolution says.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-warn-sea-level-rise-action-climate-recovery-plan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
YIKES!

WEEZ ALL GONNA DYE!

SAVE ME,DNC!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Human society and culture flourished during the warm periods in the recent past (i.e., within the last 10,000 years), assuming that the proxy data used to estimate past temperatures are relatively accurate.  Times when it was much warmer than it is now, or is likely to get.

So, all of the scare-mongering by the democrats is pure bullshit, designed just to panic the sheeple into giving up dictatorial control to the enviro-fascists.

Offline LMAO

I have not heard one computer model that has ever made that claim. Even the ones that try to push the idea of anthropogenic climate change.

Where are they getting that number?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

From the article…

The non-binding resolution from 65 Democrats argues there is a disproportionate impact of climate change on children, and warns that the warming climate is a threat to the fundamental rights and mental health of children around the world.

Oh there is that “for the children” argument.

But they never tell you how climate change will impact the rights and mental health of children
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, I'll believe they are worried about a 30 ft. sea level rise when they start selling their beach mansions.

Not until.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Yeah, I'll believe they are worried about a 30 ft. sea level rise when they start selling their beach mansions.

Not until.

And when they don’t get what they want by claiming a 30 foot sea rise, that number will grow to 40, then 50, then 100

Before you know it, will be like that movie “Waterworld” by the year  2100
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 07:05:14 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And when they don’t get what they want by claiming a 30 foot sea rise, that number will grow to 40, then 50, then 100

Before you know it, will be like that movie “Waterworld” by the year  2100
Considering the bad guys were living on an oil tanker, I chalked Waterworld off to being like Captain Planet...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

Considering the bad guys were living on an oil tanker, I chalked Waterworld off to being like Captain Planet...

Not only were they living on an oil tanker, they were living on the Exxon Valdez.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Yeah, so?  Worse things have happened over the 4.5 billion years Earth has been around.

It's just some limousine liberals trying to save their beach homes and avoid paying increased insurance premiums.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

They've been warning of a rise in the sea level for how many decades now? Somewhere, a surfer is growing old, standing on a beach clutching his board, wondering when the heck he's going to see it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Earth .. will Earth ... the same as it has done for millions of years.
Millions of years without Leftist Communist Globalist to save her.
How is that even possible?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline berdie

They've been warning of a rise in the sea level for how many decades now? Somewhere, a surfer is growing old, standing on a beach clutching his board, wondering when the heck he's going to see it.

:rolling: :rolling:

Offline libertybele

The Earth .. will Earth ... the same as it has done for millions of years.
Millions of years without Leftist Communist Globalist to save her.
How is that even possible?

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.