Author Topic: Will Wind Turbines Be Generating More Waste Than Electricity?  (Read 451 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will Wind Turbines Be Generating More Waste Than Electricity?

By Ronald Stein, P.E.
Published July 18, 2023
Wind turbines, once touted by the few wealthy and less populated countries as a clean solution for electricity, are now becoming an eyesore, a hazard, and a significant environmental threat.

After decades of operating around the world for the few wealthy and less populated countries, wind turbines continue to have a live expectancy of about 20 years. To date there has yet to be discovered a financially viable means of recycling those wind turbines.  As a result, today’s old wind turbines are being dumped into toxic waste dumps.

Because wind turbine blades are very difficult to recycle, the waste stream created by the retired blades is a mounting problem. Globally by 2050 projections are that there will be 43 million tons of blade waste produced EVERY YEAR — the equivalent of 215,000 locomotives.

By the turn of the century in 2100, the world population is projected to be more than 11 billion from its current 8 billion.

https://heartland.org/opinion/will-wind-turbines-be-generating-more-waste-than-electricity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: Will Wind Turbines Be Generating More Waste Than Electricity?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 10:47:02 pm »
 ****slapping   22222frying pan