Author Topic: Louisiana Republicans vote to override governor’s veto on minor gender surgery ban  (Read 615 times)

Offline mountaineer

Louisiana Republicans vote to override governor’s veto on minor gender surgery ban
Published July 18, 2023 5:32pm EDT
FOX NEWS
Jessica Chasmar
Louisiana’s Republican-majority House voted Tuesday to override the Democratic governor’s veto on a bill banning sex reassignment surgeries and treatments for minors.

The state House of Representatives voted 75-23 to override Gov. John Bel Edwards’ veto and reinstate House Bill 648, or the Stop Harming Our Kids Act, which would prohibit doctors in Louisiana from performing gender-reassignment surgeries and prescribing or administering hormones and puberty blockers to minors.

The override needs at least 26 votes in the state senate to pass.  ...

Edwards vetoed the bill on June 29, writing in his veto message that the bill tramples on "parental rights" and "denies healthcare to a very small, unique, and vulnerable group of children."

Edwards said sex-change surgeries on minors are not occurring in his state, and that the bill is being fueled not by evidence of a growing problem, but by "propaganda and misinformation generated by national interest groups." ...
One of the voices of detransitioning celebrated in a tweet:
Chloe Cole ⭐️
@ChoooCole
50m
MAJOR WIN!! Louisiana legislature overrode the governor veto on the bill that saved children from being used for gender medical experimentation like I went through.

This was the last state in the south that was sterilizing and cutting up children. The south is saved!!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Yes, this is a major win!   happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 18, 2023 5:32pm EDT
Louisiana Republicans vote to override governor’s veto on minor gender surgery ban
Gov. Edwards says the Stop Harming Our Kids Act is based on 'propaganda and misinformation'
By Jessica Chasmar | Fox News

Louisiana’s Republican-majority House voted Tuesday to override the Democratic governor’s veto on a bill banning sex reassignment surgeries and treatments for minors.

The state House of Representatives voted 75-23 to override Gov. John Bel Edwards’ veto and reinstate House Bill 648, or the Stop Harming Our Kids Act, which would prohibit doctors in Louisiana from performing gender-reassignment surgeries and prescribing or administering hormones and puberty blockers to minors.

The override needs at least 26 votes in the state senate to pass.

Republican state Rep. Gabe Firment, who sponsored the bill, previously described the bill to Fox News Digital as "veto proof" due to GOP majorities in both chambers.

"Thanks to the bi-partisan support of the Louisiana State Senate, we are one step closer to protecting children in Louisiana from experimental chemical and surgical sex change procedures. HB648 has passed both chambers of the state legislature with veto-proof majorities, and the people of Louisiana have made it clear that our children are worth fighting for," Firment said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/louisiana-republicans-vote-override-governors-veto-minor-gender-surgery-ban
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
🚨🚨BREAKING: The Louisiana State Senate just voted 28-11 to override the veto of Gov. John Bel Edwards on the bill to ban child sex change procedures.
The House did it earlier today so it's now the law.
All the southern states have officially banned child gender mutilations.
5:21 PM · Jul 18, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Good news!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Greg Price
@greg_price11
🚨🚨BREAKING: The Louisiana State Senate just voted 28-11 to override the veto of Gov. John Bel Edwards on the bill to ban child sex change procedures.
The House did it earlier today so it's now the law.
All the southern states have officially banned child gender mutilations.
5:21 PM · Jul 18, 2023

Excellent!  Now I can breathe again...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

I've never identified with the Democrat party. I was too young to vote for Reagan in 1980 but did in 1984. But neither Carter or Mondale would have supported mutilating children's genitals and pumping minors full of hormones

How far we have declined when a major political party  opposes destroying the natural growth of children
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

Who was the Democrat who voted with the Republicans?  The Louisiana Senate has 12 Democrats, but only 11 votes against the override.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-