Author Topic: AP Poll: Gov’t Doesn’t Listen to Voters on Immigration Concerns  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AP Poll: Gov’t Doesn’t Listen to Voters on Immigration Concerns

NEIL MUNRO17 Jul 2023313

Two-thirds of Americans say the federal government’s immigration policies contradict the wishes of American citizens, says a poll by the Associated Press.

“Few adults believe Congress, the Supreme Court, the president, or the political parties are doing a good job upholding the country’s democratic values,” the news service reported on July 14, adding:

The public perceives a disconnect between public opinion and existing laws and policies on a range of issues from the economy to immigration to abortion to gun policy.

Half of adults say democracy is not working too well or not working at all. Forty percent think it is working somewhat well, and only 10% express an optimistic view of the U.S. democracy. Overall, there has been little change in the public’s view over the past few years regarding the U.S. democracy.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2023/07/17/ap-poll-govt-doesnt-listen-to-voters-on-immigration-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson