Author Topic: ‘Bring People Closer’: Cities Turn To Schools To House, Support Migrants  (Read 138 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Bring People Closer’: Cities Turn To Schools To House, Support Migrants
Screen Shot 2023-07-06 at 9.01.44 AM

REAGAN REESE
CONTRIBUTOR
July 18, 2023
12:29 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Multiple cities are turning to school districts to house and support an influx of migrants through the summer months.

Following the expiration of Title 42, both New York City and Chicago have been overwhelmed by the number of migrants that have come to the cities, arguing that there is a lack of resources. In response, the city governments, including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, have considered school districts to house migrants. (RELATED: Biden’s HHS Secretary Dismisses Claims The Agency Lost Tens Of Thousands Of Migrant Children As ‘Misrepresentation)

In Chicago, Democratic Mayor Brandon Johnson and Chicago Public Schools (CPS), the fourth largest school district in the country, announced that a district high school will be used as a welcome center for migrants to receive assistance and behavioral care. The center, which will cost CPS about $750,000, will help provide migrant families with free meals, enroll children in the district, test English proficiency and conduct trauma assessments.

Migrant families who come to the CPS welcome center will receive Medicaid as well as medical and dental services. If the CPS welcome center is successful, the district plans to open more in schools throughout the CPS system.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/18/cities-schools-house-support-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Even if the illegals burn the schools to the ground, the left will still say they were successful. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson