Author Topic: Cornel West calls out Biden's past 'connections' to segregationists, says Trump also flawed on racia  (Read 176 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 18, 2023 7:30am EDT
Cornel West calls out Biden's past 'connections' to segregationists, says Trump also flawed on racial issues
West noted Biden has praised segregationist ex-Sens. John Stennis, D-Miss., and Robert Byrd, D-W.Va.
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Cornel West told Fox News on Monday that his third-party bid is as "serious as a heart attack" and doubled down on comments he made drawing into question President Biden's compassion for the Black community.

West also claimed former President Donald Trump also has not been as much of a champion of minorities, but strongly criticized Biden's past relationships with segregationist Democratic senators.

He invoked Biden's praise for former Mississippi Sen. John Stennis – namesake of the NASA Space Center near Kiln, Mississippi – as in 2008, Biden reportedly called his fellow Democrat "a hell of a guy."

More recently, Biden regaled supporters at a 2019 fundraiser of his time working with Stennis' fellow Mississippian James Eastland and then-Sen. Herman Talmadge, D-Ga., who supported segregation.

"I was in a caucus with James O. Eastland. He never called me ‘boy’ he always called me ‘son’," Biden quipped of the senator who once warned against "mongrelization."

Biden was rebuked at the time by fellow Democrat Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, who said in a statement obtained by the Daily Mail "you don't joke about calling Black men ‘boys’."

On "Hannity," West confirmed he is accusing Biden of "crimes against humanity" against African Americans, as reported by the New York Post.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cornel-west-biden-past-connections-segregationists-trump-flawed-racial-issues
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Run, Cornell, run...!