Author Topic: Yellen: ‘I Believe’ I Didn’t Know About China Hacking During My Trip, Didn’t Raise it, We Want to ‘I  (Read 337 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: ‘I Believe’ I Didn’t Know About China Hacking During My Trip, Didn’t Raise it, We Want to ‘Increase’ Engagement

Ian Hanchett 18 Jul 2023

During an interview with Bloomberg on Monday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said she believes she didn’t know about China hacking Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo during her visit to China, and the issue of the hack wasn’t brought up during her discussions. Yellen also stated that while she is concerned about hacking and the U.S. has expressed these concerns, “we intend to continue to deepen our discussions with China, to increase our engagement.”

Yellen stated, “I do have concerns about hacking of U.S. government officials or private individuals or companies. And I know the United States has expressed those concerns. But we intend to continue to deepen our discussions with China, to increase our engagement. It’s especially important to explain what our motivation is, to avoid misunderstandings that can lead to unnecessary and dangerous escalation. President Xi and President Biden agreed in Bali that senior officials, including those in economics, should interact more regularly. And I think an outcome of my trip there was that we will have deeper, ongoing engagement at all levels.”

She added, “I believe I did not know about that in Beijing. It wasn’t one of the things that we discussed.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/18/yellen-i-believe-i-didnt-know-about-china-hacking-during-my-trip-didnt-raise-it-we-want-to-increase-engagement/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If anyone deserves the Red Forman it's Yellen

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Anyone who cuts their hair using a cereal bowl as a template needs a reality check or another bowl of Fruit Loops.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.