Author Topic: Whistleblower Shares Shocking Details Of Peer-Review Corruption In Climate Science  (Read 233 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON JUL 17, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Whistleblower Shares Shocking Details Of Peer-Review Corruption In Climate Science

climate emergency protestI have been contacted by a whistleblower with a remarkable story of corruption in the academic peer-review process involving a paper published in 2022.

The whistleblower has provided me with relevant emails, reviews, and internal deliberations from which I recount this disturbing episode — which ends with an unwarranted and politically-motivated retraction of a paper that some climate scientists happened to disagree with. [Some emphasis, links added]

The paper at the center of this story is not particularly significant, as it mainly reviews the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) on trends in weather extremes. The paper does venture a bit too far (in my view) into commentary, but that is neither unique nor a basis for retracting a paper – if it were we’d have a lot of retractions!

To be clear, there is absolutely no allegation of research fraud or misconduct here, just simple disagreement.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/whistleblower-shares-shocking-details-of-peer-review-corruption-in-climate-science/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson