Author Topic: LA police union boss tells cops to leave the city: ‘Go somewhere that understands your worth’  (Read 196 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

LA police union boss tells cops to leave the city: ‘Go somewhere that understands your worth’
Story by Anders Hagstrom • Yesterday 10:58 AM

The vice president of a Los Angeles police union encouraged officers to ditch the city and find work elsewhere during unsuccessful salary negotiations with the city.

Los Angeles Police Protective League (PPL) Vice President Jerretta Sandoz made the statement in a comment from her personal Facebook page as the negotiations were being handled in late June. Sandoz wrote in the now-deleted statement that the LA City Council was stacked against police.

"Go somewhere that respects the work you do and you don’t have to beg for a great contract," she wrote, according to a screenshot of the comment posted last month and now obtained by the Los Angeles Times. "Go somewhere that has a city council or city manager that openly acknowledges the great work you do, go somewhere that doesn’t have two or more City Council members who hate you (no exaggeration)."

The LA PPL represents the city's roughly 9,000 police officers. The city has already lost 1,000 officers since 2019.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/la-police-union-boss-tells-cops-to-leave-the-city-go-somewhere-that-understands-your-worth/ar-AA1dYPGk?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f45f291d0a364ad7a33d6f6fe9e708b0&ei=11
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson