Author Topic: The 130-Degree F Reading in Death Valley Is A World Record  (Read 595 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The 130-Degree F Reading in Death Valley Is A World Record
« on: July 18, 2023, 10:24:58 am »
The 130-Degree F Reading in Death Valley Is A World Record

Pro: The old record of 134 degrees F in 1913 is flawed should be discarded.

But the observation will not count as an official world record. In 2013, the World Meteorological Organization officially decertified the official all-time hottest temperature in world history, a 136.4 degrees Fahrenheit reading from Al Azizia, Libya, in 1923. (Burt was a member of the WMO team that made the determination.) After the abandonment of the Libya record, the official world record was given to a 134 degrees Fahrenheit measurement taken at Death Valley on July 10, 1913.

However, this record has been strongly disputed by Burt and Herrera.

“The old Death Valley record from July 1913 is 100% bogus (not just 99.9% such), as are all other temperature readings of 130 degrees Fahrenheit or higher from Africa in the past,” Burt said.

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2020/08/death-valley-california-may-have-recorded-hottest-temp-in-world-history/

Burt wrote a detailed 2016 blog post at Weather Underground challenging the 1913 record at Death Valley, explaining that official readings of 134, 130, and 131 degrees Fahrenheit taken on July 10, 12, and 13, 1913 were likely the result of an inexperienced observer. In order for the 1913 Death Valley record to be decertified, though, an official World Meteorological Organization investigation committee would have to be assembled to look into the matter, a years-long process for which there is currently no motivation.

https://everythingclimate.com/the-130-degree-f-reading-in-death-valley-is-a-world-record/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

Re: The 130-Degree F Reading in Death Valley Is A World Record
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 02:34:31 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 02:56:34 pm »
 ////00000////

If the 1913 Death Valley 134F reading is bogus, doesn't that bring all other historical meterological measurements into question?

How many previous weather measurements are crap because they were taken by inexperienced observers?

What if the "science" of climatology is no better than astrology?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 03:32:03 pm »
Decertifying prior temperature readings is being done for transparently political purposes - it's not about science, or knowledge, it's about creating the false narrative for anthropogenic global warming (aka climate change).

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 03:35:28 pm »
They need that headline badly.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 06:10:05 pm »
Decertifying prior temperature readings is being done for transparently political purposes - it's not about science, or knowledge, it's about creating the false narrative for anthropogenic global warming (aka climate change).

A brilliant Congresswoman from Minnesota proclaimed that we just broke a 200,000 year record three times.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2023, 06:10:39 pm »
Revisionist climatilogical history to create a false narrative that 130F temperatures are "unprecedented" - that there is a climate "emergency" - that requires immediate declaration of a climate "emergency" to ban internal combustion.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2023, 06:16:11 pm »
What? there are no igneous rocks in the area? No volcanics?

Those would be a sure indicator it has been warmer...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2023, 06:35:24 pm »
What? there are no igneous rocks in the area? No volcanics?

Those would be a sure indicator it has been warmer...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL  Yup, that it would.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2023, 07:05:29 pm »
Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
The earth just broke the record for the hottest day in 120,000 years. In fact, we broke in on three separate days.
National climate emergency now.
7:39 PM · Jul 17, 2023

Readers added context they thought people might want to know
It is not possible to have accurately measured the daily temperature dating back 120,000 years, so this tweet should not be presented as fact. NASA climate scientists recognize 1880 as the start of modern climate records: https://t.co/D4OmXvpZvD
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2023, 07:16:03 pm »
Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
The earth just broke the record for the hottest day in 120,000 years. In fact, we broke in on three separate days.
National climate emergency now.
7:39 PM · Jul 17, 2023

Readers added context they thought people might want to know
It is not possible to have accurately measured the daily temperature dating back 120,000 years, so this tweet should not be presented as fact. NASA climate scientists recognize 1880 as the start of modern climate records: https://t.co/D4OmXvpZvD

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 01:06:47 am »

@Kamaji

I hadn't even considered that,but now  that you mention it...........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 01:25:44 am »
A brilliant Congresswoman from Minnesota proclaimed that we just broke a 200,000 year record three times.

200,000 year record ... I declare b.s.   I've read several times that we will start heading into an ice age and begin to see temps fall.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.