Author Topic: Wake Forest backs student who tweeted about injuring patient after pronoun pin conflict  (Read 721 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Wake Forest backs student who tweeted about injuring patient after pronoun pin conflict

https://campusreform.org/article?id=19367

Wake Forest School of Medicine is taking the side of a fourth-year medical student who boasted on Twitter about failing to draw a patient's blood after the individual made a joke about her pronoun pin.

"I had a patient I was doing a blood draw on see my pronoun pin and loudly laugh to the staff, 'She/Her? Well of course it is! What other pronouns even are there? It?," wrote Kychelle Del Rosario.

She continued, "I missed his vein so he had to get stuck twice."

OK, the joke was dumb, and the patient has a mouth-control problem. The proper professional response would have been to get the blood draw over with as quickly as possible and move on. What the student did was retaliation that calls into serious question his/her/its ability to act professionally in any tense situation. Woke Forest accepted a lame, you-can't-prove-otherwise, excuse and defended the indefensible. Unsurprisingly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

She continued, "I missed his vein so he had to get stuck twice."

So she committed an intentional assault.  The patient should file a criminal complaint against this individual, as well as a civil lawsuit for damages.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You will hold to the doctrine heretic, or you will be punished.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

UPDATE Feb. 27, 2024

Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro
1/ DEI in medicine means that even if doctors injure patients, they might still be protected (even promoted). It means that top hospitals are abandoning key metrics when hiring surgeons. And it means research by whites may be disregarded. Here’s what I've found… 🧵

2/ Sources tell me Wake Forest Medical School is about to graduate Kychelle Del Rosario – the med student who injured a conservative patient and bragged about it. Wake Forest allowed Rosario to lay low and take a voluntary leave of absence when this scandal broke.

3/ I’m also told that UPenn Health has hired Ewen Liu, Del Rosario’s classmate who said it “seemed ‘karma-tic’” when she injured the patient who mocked her pronoun pin. Wake Forest showered Liu with awards for excellence in patient care, and she now focuses on “LGBTQ+ Health.”  ...

Thread:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1762195998510563436
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just when you might have started to trust the medical profession (a little bit) again...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis