Author Topic: Four more Texas counties declare invasion at southern border, support Gov. Abbott's plan  (Read 160 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Four more Texas counties declare invasion at southern border, support Gov. Abbott's plan

Their resolution affirms that Gov. Greg Abbott is using “legal authority vested by the Texas Constitution to secure the border.”

By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor
Updated: July 15, 2023 - 11:20pm

The judges and commissioners of four more Texas counties have declared an invasion at the southern border: Frio, Karnes, La Salle and Medina.

The judges of these counties also joined a new coalition led by newly elected Atascosa County Judge Weldon Cude in an effort to urge other counties to declare an invasion and defend the sovereignty of Texas.

Cude was among 87 judges who were newly elected in November. Prior to his election, Atascosa County was among the first to issue a disaster declaration in 2021 and declared an invasion in 2022.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/four-more-texas-counties-declare-invasion-southern-border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson