Author Topic: In Canada, It's Easier to Access Euthanasia Services Than Health Care  (Read 900 times)

Offline Kamaji

In Canada, It's Easier to Access Euthanasia Services Than Health Care

BY RICK MORAN
JULY 16, 2023

When Canada legalized euthanasia in 2016, a patient had to be terminally ill to access the Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) program. But next year, the state plans to extend MAID to those suffering from mental illness — including those afflicted with PTSD.

Exactly what those who predicted a slippery slope to an ethical breakdown warned us about has now come to pass. Euthanasia proponents scoffed at the idea that the mentally ill would be given the opportunity to end their lives, but it’s come about much faster than anyone would have predicted.

Canadian military veteran Kelsi Sheren developed post-traumatic stress disorder from the Afghanistan war and now campaigns against the expansion of euthanasia.

“When you take people who were willing to put their lives on the line for you, for your safety, then you have the audacity to tell them it’s better if you just die … it is one of the most disgusting things,” says Sheren. “It’s unacceptable, and it is one of the most infuriating things to come down from the Canadian administration in the last decade.”

Sheren says that beating PTSD is hard but accessing the medical services to help in the process is even harder.

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/07/16/in-canada-its-easier-to-access-euthanasia-services-than-health-care-n1711038

Offline mountaineer

Re: In Canada, It's Easier to Access Euthanasia Services Than Health Care
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 01:55:14 pm »
UPDATE

Alexander Raikin
@AlexanderRaikin
It's official. MAID caused more than 4% of all deaths in Canada in 2022—a total of 13,241 deaths. It's a stunning thirteenfold increase over just seven years. If MAID was listed as an official cause of death, it would be effectively the 5th leading cause of death in Canada.
9:40 PM · Oct 24, 2023
October 2, 2023, Issue
How Death Care Pushed Out Health Care
The ‘medical assistance in dying’ regime is not medicine
By Alexander Raikin
National Review

... The first rule of medicine is to do no harm. The second rule in countries that have legalized death care is that the first rule doesn’t matter anymore.

The introduction of death care — in each state of Australia; in Canada, Belgium, and the Netherlands; recently in Spain and soon in France; and in ten states and counting across the United States — was meant to provide another treatment option in end-of-life care, another tool for use by physicians and their patients. At the core of death care is the presumption that safeguards work and that consent, the most important safeguard, prevents death care from slipping into rampant homicide or suicide contagion. Instead, it is turning into the end of medicine.

In Belgium last year, after a lethal injection failed to kill a 36-year-old woman with terminal cancer, the presiding physician smothered her with a pillow. In New Zealand and Canada, suicidal patients seeking medical care for suicide prevention were prompted to consider assisted suicide instead.  ...

I have written previously about how a failed suicide attempt in Canada was completed through euthanasia, despite concerns of illegality by physicians involved with CAMAP, an organization that has held internal seminars on patients requesting euthanasia because of poverty, lack of medical care, homelessness, and credit-card debt.

Across jurisdictions that legalized death care, often what started as a choice is now the first or even the only option left. “We’re now no longer dealing with an exceptional treatment, but a treatment that is very frequent,” Michel Bureau told the Canadian Press news agency this summer. He speaks with authority as the head of the Commission sur les soins de fin de vie (commission on end-of-life care), the independent monitoring agency for MAID in Quebec. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 09:49:59 pm »
Fishrrman "we're almost there" prediction:

Within 10 years, Canadians will be offered low-cost or even free Sarco Pods upon request.

(if you don't know what a Sarco Pod is, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarco_pod)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 10:19:48 pm »
 ////00000////

Death is less expensive than keeping someone alive.

All roads lead to Soylent Green.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 05:09:49 am »
Hey, where can I purchase those Soylent Green Human Beans?   Been meaning to get me some of that fine food.  Heard it is tasty.

To my knowledge, we have been practicing Euthanasia in the USA for 28 years, for my father was Euthanized in 1995.  No one told us they were doing that to him.  I found out years later that was what was done.  The term our medical community uses is COMFORT MEASURES.  I have since had numerous other friends and relatives subjected to COMFORT MEASURES, but I knew they were doing it before they did it.

Hell, the cost of morphine is nothing compared to the cost of a hospital room for one day and the medical bullsh*t that comes with it.  Downright cheap to kill someone.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 01:49:43 pm »

Posted on Twitter by @WallStreetSilv
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 02:59:14 pm »
 ////00000////

Killing people is cheaper than keeping them alive.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.