Author Topic: Have You Noticed A Lot More Americans Look Like A Frightful Hot Mess?  (Read 428 times)

Offline Kamaji

Have You Noticed A Lot More Americans Look Like A Frightful Hot Mess?

In my town, it looks like public slovenliness and disarray have become more of a norm than a subculture in the last three years.

BY: JOY PULLMANN
JULY 17, 2023

Pajama- and lingerie-wearing customers used to appear mostly at the lowest-end Walmarts and convenience stores. But this summer, it’s looking like the People of Walmart crowd has dramatically increased.

They’re at Target, at Sam’s Club, in the malls. They’re at Trader Joe’s, hip little trans-friendly burger shops, and the farmer’s market. To anyone hitting the beach this summer, have you noticed there, too, what seems like a dramatic increase in whole naked butt cheeks and antisocial narcissists blaring their music?

For Gen Z and others who didn’t catch the site years ago, the blog People of Walmart posts humorous pictures of people whose life choices clearly began going south many years before they ended up making a spectacle of themselves in public. The joke was that people would actually go out not just nearly naked — they do that everywhere now — but in the most unappealing states of near-nakedness, as well as otherwise visibly portraying inner disarray.

But a state of constant hot messiness seems to be expanding well beyond the Walmarts that serve the Third World “refugees” federal and state governments have resettled into our communities against Americans’ consent. In my town, at least, it looks like public slovenliness and disarray have become more of a norm than a subculture.

Today, the average person is far fatter (and I’m not talking pleasantly plump). There are many more visible disfigurements such as piercings and tattoos. More people are dressing androgynously and even overtly cross-dressing, which is just plain ugly. To put it succinctly, suddenly lots of people don’t look very good. At all.

This is notable because there is indeed a correlation between one’s outward appearance and our inner state. I’m not talking about the things people can’t control, like being born with Grandpa’s large nose or a broader body frame than most women.

I’m talking about the things people can control, like wearing clothing that fits, not being dangerously overweight, washing regularly, deciding to stop eating corn syrup, and refusing to deface one’s body. All people have better and worse versions of themselves, and lately it seems a shockingly large number of people are descending into the latter.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/17/have-you-noticed-a-lot-more-americans-look-like-a-frightful-hot-mess/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Have You Noticed A Lot More Americans Look Like A Frightful Hot Mess?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 09:01:47 am »
I get this. About a week ago I was feeling so sick I ended up going to Urgent Care in my PJ's and flip flops. I felt skunky and probably looked like that as well.

what really upset it for me is I walked out of there with a paper script, and had to go to the drug store to get it filled. I decided to use the drive through so no one could see I was in my jammies.

yes, its comfortable to wear them but I shouldn't leave the house in them....

@Kamaji have you noticed that people don't dress up for Broadway plays anymore either? It was a big deal when I would go, wear a very nice dress, etc. ....then go out for dinner.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Have You Noticed A Lot More Americans Look Like A Frightful Hot Mess?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 11:07:21 am »
We now have this 60's legacy rebel pop culture that's rebelled against everything till there's nothing to rebel against anymore. So now they take it to shoving it down your throat, and preying on your kids as a side project.

And that's where it all ends, when the rebels become the dictators. I'm to the point of rebelling against their rebellion just be simply being normal and proud of it, and they don't like it either, crying like little beeotches because you aren't dancing to their tune. There's nothing they hate more than the bird flipped right back at them.
The Republic is lost.