Author Topic: UPDATED: Woman who stopped to help toddler on highway was kidnapped and fought for her life  (Read 494 times)

Online Kamaji

Alabama woman who stopped to help toddler on highway was kidnapped and fought for her life, boyfriend says

By Ronny Reyes
July 16, 2023

The boyfriend of an Alabama woman who mysteriously turned up home two days after vanishing when she stopped to help a toddler in the middle of a busy highway says she was kidnapped and spent the time “fighting for her life.”

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25, was reported safe at home on Saturday night following a two-day search prompted by her screams over the phone when she pulled over to assist a child wandering on I-459, police said.

Russell’s boyfriend, Thomar Latrell Simmons, claims the good Samaritan was kidnapped and is recovering after having gone through the awful ordeal.

“She was literally fighting for her life for 48 hours, so until she’s physically & mentally stable again, she is not able to give any updates or whereabouts on her kidnapper at this very moment,” Simmons wrote on Facebook Sunday.

His post echoes what Russell’s parents alleged earlier Sunday, that the child their daughter tried to help was actually used as “bait” to lure her out of her car and kidnap her.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/boyfriend-of-alabama-woman-who-vanished-on-highway-says-she-was-kidnapped-and-fought-for-her-life/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 01:46:33 pm by MOD3 »

Online Kamaji

This is a really strange story; I've seen several posts on it, but still haven't figured out exactly what was going on.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It might be a twist on the pretty girl on the side of the road (with a a mob waiting in the bushes) ploy used in the past to jack cars and rob would-be good Samaritans.

After all, who would not stop to help a toddler on the side of the road?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

Alabama woman who stopped to help toddler on highway was kidnapped and fought for her life, boyfriend says

By Ronny Reyes
July 16, 2023

The boyfriend of an Alabama woman who mysteriously turned up home two days after vanishing when she stopped to help a toddler in the middle of a busy highway says she was kidnapped and spent the time “fighting for her life.”

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25, was reported safe at home on Saturday night following a two-day search prompted by her screams over the phone when she pulled over to assist a child wandering on I-459, police said.

Russell’s boyfriend, Thomar Latrell Simmons, claims the good Samaritan was kidnapped and is recovering after having gone through the awful ordeal.

“She was literally fighting for her life for 48 hours, so until she’s physically & mentally stable again, she is not able to give any updates or whereabouts on her kidnapper at this very moment,” Simmons wrote on Facebook Sunday.

His post echoes what Russell’s parents alleged earlier Sunday, that the child their daughter tried to help was actually used as “bait” to lure her out of her car and kidnap her.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/boyfriend-of-alabama-woman-who-vanished-on-highway-says-she-was-kidnapped-and-fought-for-her-life/
How sick is this?  Wonder what kind of ransom they demanded from her family?

Offline mountaineer

Oh. Never mind.
     Jul 26, 2023
KIDNAPPING HOAX: Alabama woman apologizes after claiming she was abducted while trying to help 'lost toddler' by the side of the road
The hoax that set off a national effort to locate Russell was exposed during a press conference on Monday.
The Post Millennial

An attorney for Carlee Russell announced that the Alabama woman confessed she did not see a child walking on the side of the highway and lied about being kidnapped.

The hoax that set off a national effort to locate Russell was exposed during a press conference on Monday. Nicholas C. Derzis, the police chief of Hoover, read the statement provided by Russell's attorney. The 25-year-old nursing student admitted that she was not kidnapped on July 13 and had not even left the Hoover area and apologized in the statement “…for her actions to this community, to the volunteers who were searching for her, to the Hoover Police Department and other agencies as well."  ...
Full story at Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She should have said the kidnappers wore MAGA hats and poured bleach on her and hung a noose around her neck.....

Oh wait,  too Smolettic.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alabama Woman Carlee Russell charged after admitting her kidnapping was a hoax
Story by Liz Calvario • Yesterday 4:05 PM

Carlee Russell, the 25-year-old Alabama nursing student who revealed her kidnapping was a hoax, has been charged with two misdemeanors, police said on July 28.

Hoover Police Chief Nicholas C. Derzis said in a press conference that detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Russell “related to faking her kidnapping and subsequently making false statements to detectives as they investigated this case.”

Russell, who turned herself in that afternoon, was charged with false reporting to law enforcement authorities and falsely reporting an incident, Derzis said.

Each charge carries a $1,000 bond and carries up to a year in jail with a potential fine of $6,000 upon conviction. Russell was released from jail after posting bond, he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/alabama-woman-carlee-russell-charged-after-admitting-her-kidnapping-was-a-hoax/ar-AA1euO2R?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=ce1b054468cc44a1849f0ee4ca735913&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD3

Merged threads.