Author Topic: New Study: 21st Century Precipitation Trends Have Become Less Intense Globally  (Read 237 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Study: 21st Century Precipitation Trends Have Become Less Intense Globally
By Kenneth Richard on 19. June 2023

Yet another instance of the models getting it wrong.

Hydrological processes were expected to intensify with warming. The opposite has happened.
                                                                                                                                      ·
Per a new study, global precipitation intensity, measured in mm/hour per century, has exhibited flat (large precipitation systems) to declining (medium and small systems) trends from 2001 to 2020.

Image Source: Zhang et al., 2023
The de-intensification of the hydrological cycle has also been documented for the second half of the 20th century.

The highest frequency of global-scale extreme rainfall events occurred from 1960-1980 − when there were concerns about cooling.

Since then, the frequency and intensity of rainfall events have “decreased remarkably” (Koutsoyiannis, 2020).

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/07/models-wrong-again-looks-like-climate-change-is-making-rainfall-less-intense-globally/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson