Author Topic: Scientists Say More Marine Life Is Greening The Oceans, So Media Freak Out  (Read 311 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JAMES TAYLOR ON JUL 14, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Scientists Say More Marine Life Is Greening The Oceans, So Media Freak Out

marine ocean lifeClimate change is benefiting life in the oceans so much that ocean color is becoming noticeably greener as a result, scientists reported this week.

Bodies of water with little life tend to be bluer, the scientists observed, while bodies of water rich in life tend to be greener.

Responding to the wonderful news about the recent burst of ocean life, the media have instead sounded a breathless alarm leading people to believe that climate change making the oceans greener is bad. [emphasis, links added]

On July 13, the media acted in concert to inundate people with fear that climate change is “literally changing the ocean’s color.”

A sample of the article titles include:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/scientists-more-marine-life-is-greening-the-oceans-so-media-freak-out/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This is not surprising. Increased CO2 means a more hospitable planet for plants. That means higher agricultural yields on land, and more algae and other vegetation in the sea. To say that CO2 is a toxic poison is absurd. There was nothing BUT CO2 in the atmosphere originally, so it is basic to life. H2O only came around after plants evolved and exhausted it from their metabolisms.