Author Topic: DAVID BLACKMON: Here’s What Our Climate Overlords Fail To Understand About Fossil Fuels  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DAVID BLACKMON: Here’s What Our Climate Overlords Fail To Understand About Fossil Fuels

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

DAVID BLACKMON IS AN ENERGY WRITER AND CONSULTANT BASED IN TEXAS. HE SPENT 40 YEARS IN THE OIL AND GAS BUSINESS, WHERE HE SPECIALIZED IN PUBLIC POLICY AND COMMUNICATIONS.
July 15, 2023
12:59 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

“Today, our society requires oil and gas … There is no way to think that overnight we can just eliminate all that and rely only on 10% of low-carbon energy. It will take decades to build a new system. If we don’t invest enough, the [oil] price will not be $75 per barrel, it will be $150 or $200 and all consumers will be super unhappy and our life will be a nightmare.” That quote was made by TotalEnergies CEO Patrick Pouyanne during a recent interview with CNBC.

Mr. Pouyanne is certainly not alone in his assessment, though he is closer to the situation than most of the rest of us. The fact is the world is not engaged in any sort of a real “energy transition” at all, but rather a massive diversification and expansion of all types of energy resources. That includes wind and solar, renewable energy sources that are in the midst of a huge expansion drive by trillions of dollars in global government subsidies, but nuclear and coal and wood and biofuels and yes, oil and natural gas. (RELATED: DAVID BLACKMON: Biden Is Spreading Around Green Subsidies Like A Vegas Gambler)

A new analysis released this week by Energy Outlook Advisors (EOA), a Texas-based advisory group headed up by Anas Alhajji, demonstrates clearly why the popular energy transition narrative about achieving carbon neutrality by 2050 is literally a fantasy.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/15/opinion-heres-what-our-climate-overlords-fail-to-understand-about-fossil-fuels-david-blackmon/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson