Author Topic: Canadian man fired from job after saving baby moose from bear  (Read 246 times)

Offline Kamaji

Canadian man fired from job after saving baby moose from bear: ‘I couldn’t just leave her’

By Nicholas McEntyre   
July 16, 2023

A Canadian man claims he was fired from his job at a fuel supplier when he helped rescue a desperate moose calf from a potential black bear attack.

Mark Skage, who worked for AFD Petroleum Inc., was driving back from a job site when he saw the abandoned moose wandering on the side of the road in British Columbia, Canada on June 6.

As he pulled over and hopped out of his vehicle, the calf attempted to climb into his truck as Skage noticed a bear stalking the “few day old” animal.

“There was a black bear 50 yards away from her just waiting,” Skage said in a Facebook post.

“I made a decision at the time after she kept (trying) to climb into the work truck that I couldn’t just leave her there. So I stuck her in the passenger side and drove to town to get her some help,” Skage added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/canadian-man-mark-skage-fired-for-saving-moose-calf-from-black-bear/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Canadian man fired from job after saving baby moose from bear
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 05:42:56 pm »
Can anybody think of a justification for firing him over that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!