Author Topic: Trump's classified docs team could file this 'game over' motion: Leo Terrell  (Read 563 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump's classified docs team could file this 'game over' motion: Leo Terrell

Civil rights attorney Leo Terrell said on "Life, Liberty & Levin" that former President Donald Trump's counsel in the Mar-a-Lago raid case could file a single motion that could be "game over" for special counsel Jack Smith and the prosecution.

Terrell was asked his thoughts on the Presidential Records Act in response to former President Richard Nixon's behavior upon his resignation.

The act governs how presidents, beginning with Ronald Reagan, must handle their official records and documentation, and a 2014 revision spearheaded by then-Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., made digital-age and transparency-related tweaks to it.

The PRA places the responsibility for "custody and management of incumbent Presidential records with the President," according to the National Archives.

Host Mark Levin said Trump's team may consider citing Democrat-appointed jurists like Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who ruled against transparency watchdog Judicial Watch in a 2010 case seeking cassettes former President Bill Clinton stored in his sock drawer.

Those tapes included considerations on whether to fire former CIA Director James Woolsey, reasoning behind foreign policy decisions surrounding U.S. involvement in Haiti, and a conversation with then-Rep. William Natcher, D-Ky., about why Clinton chose to enter America into NAFTA.

"Game over," Terrell replied. "That is, to me, the most important first motion President Trump's legal team could file."

The PRA exonerates Trump, Terrell said, adding that such a filing could leave the prosecution without a viable response..............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trumps-classified-docs-team-file-game-over-motion-leo-terrell
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Then why haven't they done so already?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
President Trump had the absolute right to declassify any and all documents in his custody, control and possession. There has been no response to that by the prosecution. I'll tell you why: Because they don't have one."

I'd say the reason the prosecution hasn't "responded" is that the defense hasn't yet filed anything on that issue to which the prosecution must respond.

If/when the defense files such a motion, I'm sure the prosecution will respond.  I personally think that's a losing argument for former President Trump, but I guess we'll see.

Offline libertybele

Has Trump even been able to get a legal defense 'team' together?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Has Trump even been able to get a legal defense 'team' together??

He's got a team.  They're the ones who filed the motion against the trial date.  But I don't know if they'll ever file a motion in which Trump actually says he declassified the documents "in his head" when he was President, and that's good enough.