Author Topic: California Democrats shut down stronger sentencing for trafficking minors  (Read 248 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Washington Examiner
California Democrats shut down stronger sentencing for trafficking minors
Story by By Kenneth Schrupp | The Center Square • Yesterday 7:59 AM

(The Center Square) - Despite passing unanimously with bipartisan support in the California Senate, a bill to bring California’s sentencing for trafficking minors in line with other states by making it a “serious felony” failed in the California Assembly Public Safety Committee due to unanimous Democratic abstention.

SB 14 would have made trafficking of minors a serious felony that would qualify under California’s three strikes law, which keeps dangerous, serial criminals off the streets, and make individuals convicted of the crime ineligible for early release.

Due to the Democratic supermajority in the California legislature, united opposition by elected Democrats, who abstained from the measure, meant the measure could be kept at bay.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/california-democrats-shut-down-stronger-sentencing-for-trafficking-minors/ar-AA1dTLMa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1a034c68954741d2a032cd2c6752dbb4&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Any article that starts with the two words “California Democrats” causes me to instinctively brace myself for something really bizarre and nutty
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy