Author Topic: DC business owner condemns 'disgusting' plea deal for gunman he fought off while 4-year-old son watc  (Read 400 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WASHINGTON DC Published July 13, 2023 2:00pm EDT
DC business owner condemns 'disgusting' plea deal for gunman he fought off while 4-year-old son watched
Assailant back on streets after pointing loaded gun at pair during daytime assault
By Amy Nelson | Fox News

DC pub owner who fought off gunman in front of 4-year-old son slams 'disgusting' plea deal
Valor Brewpub owner Gaynor Jablonski says the deal sends the wrong message that criminals can get away with anything in Washington, D.C. on ‘America’s Newsroom.’

A Washington, D.C. pub owner is calling attention to the city’s crime crisis after he was attacked in front of his child by a gunman who was later offered a "disgusting" plea deal and released from police custody.

Gaynor Jablonski, owner of Valor Brewpub, was attacked at 2 p.m. on June 29 while sitting in his establishment with his 4-year-old son. The suspect reportedly acted aggressively when he walked in and pulled a gun on Jablonski before pointing it at his son and one other person. Jablonski is seen on surveillance video wrestling with the suspect while his son watched.

Jablonski said on "America’s Newsroom" Thursday that he was initially told the suspect would be held in custody until his arraignment. But last Friday, prosecutors called to inform him that the suspect would be offered a plea deal which could result in a sentence of less than 24 months.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dc-business-owner-condemns-disgusting-plea-deal-gunman-fought-4-year-old-son-watched
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 07:26:29 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I've always maintained the best way to fight out of control crime is to have weak, or no, consequences for those who commit the crimes.  The next best way would be to punish the victims. :drunk:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

I've always maintained the best way to fight out of control crime is to have weak, or no, consequences for those who commit the crimes.  The next best way would be to punish the victims. :drunk:

You mean that doesn’t reduce crime? :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy