Author Topic: The left is attacking me but they are the ones jeopardizing our military  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

OPINION Published July 14, 2023 4:00am EDT
The left is attacking me but they are the ones jeopardizing our military
Confidence in our military has already dropped by double-digits since Joe Biden took office
By Tommy Tuberville | Fox News

LEADERSHIP LIMBO: Sen. Tuberville's abortion protest stalls military promotions
Fox News chief national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin has more on the abortion policy spurring GOP Sen. Tommy Tuberville to block hundreds of military nominations on 'Special Report.'

For more than 50 years the Gallup poll has asked people about their views of our nation’s institutions. This past week, Gallup released this year’s results, and they are deeply disturbing.

Just one in four Americans has confidence in the presidency or the Supreme Court. Trust in Congress – where I work – is less than half of that. But it’s not just government that has lost the trust of the American people.

According to Gallup, the share of Americans with "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of trust in churches, the health care system, the Supreme Court, the public schools, newspapers, television news, banks, and the presidency have each been cut in half since the survey began 50 years ago. But again, Congress is the least trusted of all, falling from 42% trust to just 7%.

https://www.defensenews.com/ebb/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson